New power cable for Lumin X1

Options
124»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,333
    Options
    Well, Hello Bud. Glad to see you again (so to speak)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Hey Bud,
    Glad that you're back in the saddle!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    Any updates on Bud?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    Not really. I see that he posted a few times over on WBF though. Maybe he'll come back to his Polk family soon?

I could give him another call but I don't want to smother him. :/
  • Clipdat
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Plus my voice is just atrocious. It really is. I'm truly sorry to anyone I've ever spoken to here on the phone. @treitz3 @Tony M @VR3 @msg @joecoulson @verb @DSkip @F1nut @kharp1 @tophatjohnny @rburgess714
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,455
    Options
    It's true, @Clipdat sounds like this kid
    cjavne9bdrt9.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,455
    Options
    jk, he sounds like @lightman1
    They do a podcast together. Great radio voices.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Plus my voice is just atrocious. It really is. I'm truly sorry to anyone I've ever spoken to here on the phone. @treitz3 @Tony M @VR3 @msg @joecoulson @verb @DSkip @F1nut @kharp1 @tophatjohnny @rburgess714

Dang lucky me I got to talk to you in person, gawd dang did it ever match your face......

😜😂
  • Hermitism
    edited June 2023
    Options
    What is the latest Bud update?
    @BlueFox
    @Clipdat
    Post edited by Hermitism on
  • treitz3
    edited June 2023
    Options
    So, I guess enough time has come and gone.

To those that don't know, Bud suffered from a stroke that hit him pretty hard. He is limited in what he can do and will not be back as the Bud we all knew him as.

He is still alive and kickin' it, just not in the same capacity he once had.

I doubt at this point that Bud will return to this forum. He still posts over at the WBF, but at a severely reduced rate. If you see him lurk or post here, consider it progress.

Just keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Tom, thanks for the info. I hope he knows we care.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Thank you, Tom.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Prayers sent . . . get well, Bud
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    I hope your condition improves Bud.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    So sad. Prayers for Bud
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    I hate to hear this, but I certainly appreciate the update. Thanks Tom.

Hang in there Bud. You’re missed here at CP.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • la2vegas
    Options
    I texted Bud a few days ago but didn't hear back from him...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I texted Bud a few days ago but didn't hear back from him...

Have you heard back before?
    I'd love to know how he is doing.
    Bud's a good dude. I'd love to see some posts from him.
  • treitz3
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Well, since it appears as if Bud will not be coming back, I will go ahead and update the thread with my two power cord updates for the Lumin X1 power supply.

Bud has the all in one Lumin (DAC on-board the Lumin) and I have the Lumin UX1. The UX1 is the TOTL streamer without a built in DAC. Both of us have the X1 power supply.

He was talking about the Westminster umbilical cord for between his Lumin streamer and the power supply. I have an update for the power cord to the X1 PS and the umbilical.

First off - the umbilical. I ordered a Audio Sensibilities Silver (They also offer copper) umbilical for the Lumin. The Westminster cable that Bud got was about 2-3 times the cost of the AS cable.

While I cannot confirm this myself, I have spoken with some folks who have had both the AS and Westminster cables in their rig. Those that have experienced both, relayed to me that the AS cable provides you with 95% of what the Westminster cables offers. (Silver model).

As soon as I hooked it up, I immediately could tell the improvement in sound and there was no denying or having to strain to hear the differences. It lowered the noise floor, increased the texture of the lower registers, cleaned up the lowest of lows and cleaned up a bit of that digital glare (not there was much to begin with). You got more information to the music, without even having to turn it up.

While someday, I might get the Westminster cable, I am not spending what they want for one. I will either wait for a sale or buy on on the used market for much less than retail. That may be a while, as they do not come up on the used market very often at all.

Now onto the Power cord for the X1 - I have probably tried 7 or 8 of my PC's in this location. The Pangea PC was the absolute worst.....and I mean it was bad. Real bad. Horrible, actually. It probably didn't even last 30 seconds in that position.

All of the others were just different flavors of sound. Nothing really stood out from the crowd and nothing really "moved" me.

So, many of you who have been following my audio journey know that Snake River has impressed me greatly and that I recently purchased one of their Signature Series Hybrid power cords.

I tried it in the new to me ANK 5.1 Pro DAC for about a week or so and decided that I liked the change enough to try it in another spot to see if I could improve on things even further. I placed it directly from the wall to the Lumin X1 power supply.

This turned out to be a match made in heaven. There are so many changes that I could go on for hours (I'll spare you that) but I will say that they were all attributes with no compromising aspects and zero deficiencies.

The biggest change was the axis' being complete and the timing of everything coming into fruition. Height, imaging, spatial locationality cues and especially the depth were so dramatically changed that it sounded like I had swapped out to a better DAC yet again.

The layers of items that could be 3 feet in front of you to an estimated 30 feet back and anywhere in between is something that I don't recall ever hearing before on any stereo system. This is with good and even poor recordings. The true rewards really shine when the recording is a fantastic one.

If you happen to have a Lumin that utilizes the X1 power supply? I would give this power cord my highest recommendation. The pairing is nothing short of incredible.

All of the other power cords were/are laughable when compared to this combination. It gives you a whole other meaning/experience when listening to Steve Miller Band's, "Abracadabra".

Not many things surprise me when it comes to audio. This year, I was lucky enough to stumble across two items that surprised me. The first was the Muon Pro. The second was this power cord paired with the X1 power supply.

Tom