• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Keep us posted, will you, Tom?
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I will. No news yet fellas.....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    sure hope Bud is Ok. super good guy
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Any word on welfare check?
  • treitz3
    Not yet. We have had someone go by and got some weird information. We have some other leads we are following but no news other than no answer and that the mailbox is empty.

So, no real news yet.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Where in the world is Bud SanDiego?
  • treitz3
    95127 Area code.

He might have packed up and headed South of the border for more of that ganja. As long as he has been gone? He must be getting a lifetime supply.

Tom
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited August 2022
    Anyone hear anything about @BlueFox
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    I tried calling him numerous times with no luck.
  • msg
    edited August 2022
    Thanks for trying, Jose. I feel like he's gotta be traveling somewhere. Does he have a smartphone or flip? I know he's got an iPad, but not sure about phone.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Okay, might as well spill the beans on what we know -

1 - Both of his phones (cell and home) go to voicemail
    2 - His mailbox is empty
    3 - He has a garage and his car may or may not be in there
    4 - No known family or friends, only knowledge of him speaking about a poker group and IIRC, a sister who does not live in town
    5 - A wellness check was performed by the local police department
    6 - Without probable cause, they cannot enter his premises
    7 - His profile has been set to private
    8 - He has not been seen on other online forums that he has been a member of for quite some time
    9 - No idea what's going on with his cats

I report, you decide.

Tom
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Obviously touring the magico and pass labs factories
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dromunds
    edited August 2022
    It doesn’t make sense to do a welfare check and not enter the premises under the above circumstances. The man is missing to the world for this long, especially given his medical history, and there is no probable cause to believe he may be unwell? Probable cause is not a very high burden. I hope he is alright.
  • treitz3
    Well, I hate to be blunt but this has all been discussed off the public front. It is California and based upon the lunacy we see that comes from out of that state? Well, let's just say that I am not surprised.

We figured that if something went really bad and the worst has happened? Eventually they will smell the body. It is what it is.

We all hope that this is not the case but what else can we do? I don't do lunacy.

If anyone wants to stop by and see for themselves what's going on or try for more information, he lives in the 95127 zip code. PM me and if I trust you, I will give you his address. The only other exception would be if one or two respected members of this forum can vouch for you.

Tom
  • msg
    edited August 2022
    @Clipdat and @la2vegas ?
    Shameless self-invitation to possibly hear some Magicos and drink some beer, hopefully?

Really trying to keep positive on this. I hope he's alright. If this were Hermitism, I wouldn't be worried. He's constantly disappearing for a week or two at a time. Usually find him down a dark, wet alley in a crumpled heap over a pile of trash, like it's a beanbag chair, singing, Hey baby, take a walk on the wild side! to passersby.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Thanks for all the info, Tom, 'preciate you sharing.
    I disabled signatures.
  • dromunds
    Yeah, thanks for the information, Tom. I moved to Cali in ‘78. Even back then I decided it was somewhere I like to visit but …. Positive thoughts going out to Bud.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Praying for him.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • msg
    If anyone heads down there, I know this goes without saying, but can you guys check with his neighbors to see if they know anything?
    I disabled signatures.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    This is concerning. I’ll admit that it used to wear me out a little bit, but I’d love to see a “Friday and Death Metal” thread.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • msg
    I like that carpet.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Just catching up to this. I really hope Bud is ok.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Wow this thread took a turn! Hope he's all right. Thoughts and prayers for him.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    Boy! That is great news!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Awesome
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Great news, I just got a hold of Bud on the phone and had a quick conversation with him!

He's back home now and will be re-joining us here on the forum soon.

Excellent news Drew!