The Grande Utopia Project

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    I have dian krall, finger cymbal, forest sounds and bird chirping music coming to a you tube clip near you!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited May 2022
    Rebecca Pidgeon - Spanish Harlem

It's the new DK live in Paris.
  • VR3
    How about spanish harlem sang by pigeons?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Rebecca Pidgeon - Spanish Harlem

It's the new DK live in Paris.

New? That's the song that made me discover SACD well over a decade ago. She's old school bro'. (Still, a great song) In fact, I somehow misplaced the original SACD I had, so I purchased the SACD again 2 days ago just for that one song.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Wait until you experience the pigeon version. You will be reliving 8 tracks bro.

Serious as squirrel aids
  • VR3
    For sure, based on the photos I've seen, they are about the same size to!

I bet it would sound awesome though
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Dayum that is the way you do a center channel..
  • VR3
    Indeed. You can find them for 2k or so if you are patient. 4k is a little rich unless it has the box, covers etc
  • treitz3
    Oh dear....that means you have been scoping them...

Trader! You "claim" you are 2 channel and secretly you.....

Next time I see you boy? It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited May 2022
    I troll hifishark for grande utopia covers lol. I doubt I will ever find them.

If I was ever in a position to where a utopia home theater made sense, which considering I would need a 1k sq ft room, will never happen... Haha

I would most likely aim to find another set of grande utopia, use one for the center and the other for parts.

Then I would locate 4 of the original utopia which is the grande with a smaller bass driver and no top bass driver to use as surrounds.

Then I would have 16 x 18 IB subwoofers, 8 front and 8 back.

This is of course when my account has a big fat billion in it, which will be never haha.

You would need walls with 2x12 studs in it to withstand that madness!
  • treitz3
    Ummm, Trey.....

You know I was just razzin' yo'azz, right. Take a chill pill broskizzle.

BTW, you would need more subs, slacker.... :*

Tom
  • treitz3
    BTW, yo'azz is SICK!!!

Said with the utmost of love....but dang, son!

With that said...

We have heard not one thing on the "actual" topic of the thread. Git it!

Tom
  • treitz3
    VR3 wrote: »
    Freaking goose bumps...surreal

The dynamic build between 1:45 to 230 is... Incredible

https://youtu.be/i2frvXgoLaI

You sir, are weird. Who was this again? (I mean....not that I'd want to hear it or anything....)

Tom
  • VR3
    Blue man group time to start

Great track
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    VR3 wrote: »
    Blue man group time to start

Great track

Saw them live in Chicago last weekend.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    Man, jealous! I saw them live... Maybe in 2008? Easily one of the best concerts I have ever been to. High energy from start to finish
  • VR3
    5 ft out into the room... Just a tremendous improvement in depth to the stage.

https://youtu.be/kadZ_brGQDA
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Sound great on my PC rig. What does Jr. think?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • treitz3
    What makes you think he has a kid? That playpen is for Trey!

Tom
  • VR3
    Child loves music.

She has never seen the speakers under the black covers hahaha
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Count me as jealous! Those are saweeeet
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I'll bet those would sound REALLY GOOD at my place...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    How far back do you sit from those monsters?
  • VR3
    I sit in a triangle, 10 ft apart center to center, 10 ft away
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Any toe in Trey, or are they shooting straight ahead?
  • treitz3
    Straight on. No toe in.

Tom