SDA Playlist

1101112131416»

Comments

• ratpin
    ratpin Posts: 85
    I’m looking forward to the UHQR release of “Aja” coming next month. There has yet to be an expert mastering done of that album yet.
    Polk: / SDA-CRS / SDA-1C / M-10B / M-7B / M-5 / M-5jr / RTA-11T / LSIM703 / LSIM704 / LSIM706 / RTI8 / CSI3 / CSI5 / RTI4 / RTI-A5 / CSI-A6 / RC80i / RC85i / RC6s / PSW300 / Atrium6 / Atrium4 / About a dozen pair of Atrium45 lol.
  • I need to write some more down, but I enjoy listening to this 4 as part of my tester list now:

Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
    Nobody's Baby

Frank Sinatra
    Fly Me To The Moon

Maria Mena
    I Was Made for Loving You

Stevie Wonder
    Living For The City

The 1st three are relatively simple soundstages, with defined pieces in their place.

#4 is an odd mix (to me). I hear Steve's mixes as tuned for his ear, and that makes me wonder if he hears differently because of his blindness. They seem... lower... tuned lower, I guess. But the sounds that reach out to the edges, and the little vignette in the middle, very nice.
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • The Allman Brothers Band Live from A&R Studios.

So good!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I don't have SDA's anymore but this song should be presented very well on them. Play, "The Peppery man" by Natalie Merchant.

If you have not heard this selection before? I can say with very high confidence you will like it very much. SDA's should do this song justice.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • is there a SDA playlist set up anywhere that can be shared? That would be awesome
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Only in this thread. You can go through and see tunes through the pages.
  • plastic_avatar
    plastic_avatar Posts: 687
    edited March 22
    If you're familiar with the other versions, these are an SDA treat.

a9ut1844cdld.png

hf7g6ptyncnm.png

The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage