'99 Jeep Cherokee

Options
C3PhattyXJ
C3PhattyXJ Posts: 4
edited May 2005 in Custom Fabrication
I currently have EX coaxial 5.25" polks in my car and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on modifications to fit 6.5" coaxial or components in the sound bar and/or doors of a '99 Jeep Cherokee. They would be running of a Clarion 845 head unit. Any recommendations for, subs, speakers, and boxes are welcome, along with midification and fabrication tips.
Post edited by C3PhattyXJ on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2005
    Options
    i dunno about your particular vehicle, but a lot of times a spacer will do the trick

since your speakers are shaped like this at the bottom:
    \_/
    a lot of the time a 6.5 will fit in a 5.25 hole with a spacer, if not, nothing a rotary tool cant fix
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • C3PhattyXJ
    C3PhattyXJ Posts: 4
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Where do I find a spacer for the speakers if they do not fit? Is there a place that specializes in that. I know that I can take a rotozip to the rear headliner to fit the 6.5" in there, but what about teh front doors? I don't think that I want to take out anything from the doors, so a spacer would most likely be needed. Where is there a good place to buy those, and are any brands better than others?
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2005
    Options
    mdf?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2005
    Options
    You can buy adapter plates for speakers but theyre like $20...and plastic.

Youd be much better off going out and buying a $5 sheet of birch plywood 1/4" and cutting out the baffles you need.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • trashedxj
    trashedxj Posts: 2
    edited May 2005
    Options
    i also have a jeep cherokee its a 94 but all the pillars are the same (across the roof in the cargo!!) they only hold 5.25" coaxials but im putting the momo 6" components in mine all you need to do is look at the inside on mine i just recently put in 6.5" coaxials in and all you have to do is re drill the holes and mount the new ones!. its fiberglass so drilling is easy!! if your doing what im doing(6" component momo's) the magnet is alot bigger than will fit in there im going to cut out part of the ceiling mat for the subs to fit!! the crossovers easily hide in the center area of the pillar and of course the tweeters will mount on the outside of pillar on the out side near the window of each sub!!! i hope i helped!!!
    THINK.....it ain't illegal.....YET!!!!