Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Divorce is done, moving is done. I started moving things out of storage, to the house. I found these. Its going to take a lot of concentration to remember where I left off and get back to work on them. I know they aint pretty.

k72hvrb08det.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    OleBoot wrote: »
    8vrhk923akaq.png

took me a few tries, even saying the name out loud (OK, in my head, but same diff).
    :p
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    ut31iomn32c0.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited June 2022
    That looks personal!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    OleBoot wrote: »

took me a few tries, even saying the name out loud (OK, in my head, but same diff).
    :p

Do people look at you funny when you speak to them?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    ^^^ Divorced couple ^^^^

(Sad...)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    treitz3 wrote: »
    cq1vos0ipia7.png

Tom

I would so pay to see that.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Getting refreshed grills tomorrow. :p

It's been bugging me for years. I thought I would damage them all the times I walked past those domes. Or something would fall over and destroy one of them. It can still happen since the cloth is soft but the new covers will be like a barrier/force field to acknowledge and maybe respect even more now that they are somewhat restored. The cabinets need sanding and refinishing AND a bottom corner or two filled in because they got wet and split open a bit. :#

The fronts look like new. ;)

nymfymi0z9h7.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • soundfreak1
    Are those L810'S
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Tony M
    Yes. :p

I'm having a hard time remembering how I got these. Maybe it will come to me. I know I've owned them for many years. :)
  • soundfreak1
    Have you ever listened to them mounted on their sides?? Like CRS's. Make a big difference in the sound. Had a nice pair myself before I found my L1590's
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Tony M
    edited June 2022
    No I haven't. :)

Interesting. I have a set of CRS stands I can bring down off the top shelf. :p I'll bring them down today. Shoot! I don't have to bring them down, I can just put the ADSs where the JBLs are now, on top of the CVs.
    These L810's badges have a pin and I can spin them to level the letters according to the positioning. :) I'm sure you know that.

I also owned a set of ADS L710s w/original stands. Another regretful sale I made. :#

I had a pair of perfect L1250/90(?)s years ago. LOVED their sound too. I think these L810s sound just like the towers if my memory serves well enough.
    But money was needed and out they went with a perfect set of Pioneer HPM100s (200 watt) models, :p ). :s
    That buyer was a VERY HAPPY CAMPER for sure. I was a VERY SAD seller for sure. But it is what it was. :'(

I really like the sound of the JBLs on their sides. <3

I wish these two pairs were mirror imaged BUT I try not to think about it and just listen to the amazing sound coming from the wall and voices coming from dead center between the speakers.

Not seeing the speaker cones on the JBLs now makes my pet peeve on mirror imaged positioned speaker layouts 99% out of mind. I thought about flipping one of the JBLs yesterday or the day before. I really did. :D

• soundfreak1
    The 810 was really ment to be on thier sides. The imaging is really improved and those 4 bass drivers are nice, really fast and detailed. I'm a big fan of soft domed tweets and the mids are really sweet.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Tony M
    I didn't know they were meant to be on their sides.

I guess I'm in for a treat. :p
  • soundfreak1
    It still tickles me that the 810's were considered bookshelf speakers. Thats some big shelves in my mind..
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • soundfreak1
    vmjyt7c80awh.jpg
    My old girls.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Tony M
    Beautiful, they were! <3

You had those improved cabinets and the beautiful metal grills too I can tell. B) I've seen them in person and they are beautiful quality cabinets and grills.

I completely finished the grills earlier. Then I listened to them for a while. :p Listening to them on their sides was GREAT. The sound floats above them like the JBL's sound did. B)

I stapled the soft Velcro grill rim strips to aid in security when removing the grills. I did re-glue the hook strips in the grooves on the front of the cabinets. I pulled one staple on one end so I could put glue under each of them. All the original glue had come loose under them. Now EVERYTHING about the Velcro attachments is tight and secure again. :D

I punched a hole in the grill and put the ADS metal labels back in.

The grills stick like glue to the speakers now. B)

ovyaeksutj2i.jpg

j5i7stsm16tk.jpg

jimzqvko9pq9.jpg

f3ahf9s62c8v.jpg

61bpz4lavhpa.jpg

I felt like the center voice was to the right so I flipped the left speaker and BAM...it was a huge sound-field like the JBL presented.

These are great laidback speakers like ADS is known for. The JBLs are like Polk audio's.

The ADS's have a softer bass than the JBLs too but still present a fine bass for sure.

I'm so happy these two sets are finished.

I might not mess with the JBL binding posts for a while. I'm tired now that both are done to this point.

These ADS's have small pin size opening push-clips also for wire hook-ups. :#

I haven't played the ADS's hardly at all for years too. I'm sure the woofers need to be played for a while to loosen up more.