Legend L400 is on the way....

nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
Scored a killer deal from Best Buy for the L400, so I pulled the trigger on it. With the direction my rig is taking, it was an essential piece of the puzzle to get the best from my system. I am also looking at the 265LS in-walls so I can voice match all the way around. Pictures when it gets here.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Braddles63
    Braddles63 Posts: 184
    Loving my new L400 so far. Blends nicely with the R700's. Congrats
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Mine blends well with my L600's. Congrats on getting one and look forward to a review.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Cool man , Pic's would be nice.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Scored a killer deal from Best Buy for the L400, so I pulled the trigger on it. With the direction my rig is taking, it was an essential piece of the puzzle to get the best from my system. I am also looking at the 265LS in-walls so I can voice match all the way around. Pictures when it gets here.

So you didn’t share the deal link for the L400?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

No link... It was an insider deal at Magnolia... cost plus5%
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You may already be aware but the Legend series are on sale for 20% off. If you purchase from the Polk site you can get another 10% off if you subscribe to their email list (a window should pop up when you first start browsing the site). Apply the code when you get to the payment section. Polk also offers free expedited shipping.

Definitely not the deal the OP scored but it is pretty good. I am still on the fence if I want to upgrade LSiM home theater setup with the Legends. This current sale makes it very tempting although I have never heard the Legends in person.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • nooshinjohn
    Unboxing...

s95xweb7ges0.jpg
    026cnrow6ugo.jpg
    gvayamhaziez.jpg
    x955sjroavbz.jpg
    cp4hsd0ssijp.jpg
    k3xtxms5jfbs.jpg
    r2bm4uz26sdc.jpg
    scw451kpx6sd.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    edited June 2022
    OK... only an hour's worth of time on this, but I can tell you that if you have the L600/L800, this center should be considered an essential purchase.... more to come.

ugl41w1ltc1g.jpg

• sgmsmg
    I tried searching but what center channel were you using before? Have you ever had the LSiM 706C to compare?
    2 Channel
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI

Home Theater
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
  • nooshinjohn
    I was using the center channel from my old RM 7500 set. It worked pretty well but this is night and day difference. I never did have the 706

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Looks awesome! I especially like the veloci raptor
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Looks awesome! I especially like the veloci raptor

Thanks! It's actually a baryonyx...

• sgmsmg
    I was using the center channel from my old RM 7500 set. It worked pretty well but this is night and day difference. I never did have the 706

Thanks for clarifying. You have a great looking setup/room, stray dinosaurs and all :) .
    2 Channel

Home Theater
  • nooshinjohn
    The only thing that bugs me about the center so far is the uncentered “POLK” logo. This should have been on the center bottom of the grill, and if there was not room to make it work, it should have been left off and let the customer decide where it should be placed.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Obligatory "slide it forward until the front baffle is even with the edge of your media console" comment.
  • Braddles63
    Excuse the mess :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    I do believe your mains are too far apart

Love the room, looks great
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Braddles63
    VR3 wrote: »
    I do believe your mains are too far apart

Love the room, looks great

Thanks mate.

My room is nearly 6 mtrs square so placement is difficult. Ive done a lot of research on square rooms and played around heaps and where they are is about the best compromise. Gives me a good soundstage width and depth for 2 channel.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Obligatory "slide it forward until the front baffle is even with the edge of your media console" comment.
    What about the obligatory Hendrix perm?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    Clipdat wrote: »
    And the obligatory trying to keep the paws of a toddler off of them back at you.🤣