Something came in the “mail” today!

Options
13»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    3m velcro. They have those stick on velcro strips that up can remove later with no harm to the paint. They work good.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    I tried velcro and it was a major fail. The mounting surfaces are not flat so could not get contact on all 4 sides, so all I succeeded in doing was pull paint off the wall.

I bought some fasteners like this and they are working very well. Just tedious

9nu8rvdrlwkz.png
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Those are expensive little guys! Bet they sound great. Would be awesome in my stateroom on the ship B)

I love them for nearfield desktop listening along with a Rythmik L12, no complaints.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Very nice. Congrats. And I love you Rainier Beer Decor. Sweet!
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    That’s the kanta 2 specs, the 3’s are 101 pounds, 116 with packaging! So in short I am crazy
    Man, don't do that again... even if someone paid you!

Sounding nice! Now you got me wanting to go listen to some Focals.... its been awhile.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    It sounds good on the vid, must be something else in person!2 Who's the artist?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    It sounds good on the vid, must be something else in person!2 Who's the artist?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLlZRWhPNA
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Those look super sweet, congrats! It's always nice to get a "new to you" pair of speakers!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Are you using them with your sub or just on their own for now?
  • stangman67
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Are you using them with your sub or just on their own for now?

No sub. My old ht sub is gone. These won’t need a sub, I dislike running a sub with my 2 channel setup. So buying the 3’s over the 2’s was a decision based on that

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Cool! Seems like you've come full circle now and are back to Focals!
    AXqIs3q.jpeg

• stangman67
    Options
    Yup I was gonna post that. Went from LSIM703’s to those arias and then from LSIM707’s to the kantas!

• Clipdat
    Options
    I bet the tweeter in the Kanta is a lot different than the Aria!

I heard the Kanta's beryllium tweeter in this setup and it was pretty spectacular. Tons of clarity and nuance with vocals.
    wxlqlb5wmiyr.jpg
  • stangman67
    Options
    They are most certainly different. Both significantly easier to listen to than Focal’s reputation would lead you to believe. The BE in the few hours I have listened to, are open, incredibly detailed and a joy to listen to. The Aria’s tweeters were certainly less detailed and overall warmer but still very very good.

• stangman67
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I would like to caveat that those opinions are limited to years between listening experiences and completely different electronics and rooms
    Post edited by stangman67 on

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Nice speakers Enjoy!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    I have had only monitors in my room for awhile now, mainly because of (perceived) better imaging and ease if movement/resale. Those speakers are beautiful and are making me want to explore full range again.
  • stangman67
    Options
    Another taste of the focals. Once again, crappy phone mic but….

Knopfler and James Taylor together are just so good

https://youtu.be/0NQNRNCPilI

• stangman67
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Double

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,147
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Over a year late to the party here, but Mr Scott shared this thread with me as I'm searching for a 2ch upgrade and just now looking at Focals.

This thread has been very educational and now has me looking at the Kanta over the 948's.

By the way, and I realize it's way to late to warn you but, you DO realize your music is suffering heavily because of the WA Husky and Seattle Sea Chicken stuff you have in there.....the ONLY thing that may save it is the Rainier Beer sign....

Dude, I've been a Texan living Tacoma (Ruston) WA for 38 years and taking way too much flack for flying my Cowboy gear...it's cool though. I've been a Texan back in Texas for two years now so all is well lol.

It was a great experience living in the Northwest.......and now, someone bring me a bucket of Lonestars....woodja???
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    I’d also recommend you listen to some Rosso Fiorentino.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Just Wow! Congrats and enjoy your new speakers and amp.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I’d also recommend you listen to some Rosso Fiorentino.

Gotta get my ears on 'em ... I wish Skip wasn't 1/2 way across the country
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12