Things that make you go HMMM...

Options

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    It used to be a lot cheaper. I use it in my snowblower, which I used once last winter.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Seeing this stuff for sale in Lowes yesterday for $24 a gallon had me wondering if there's actually a market for this stuff and why anyone would consider buying it?
    lv5ay1glr78i.jpg

Sells well around my parts because of the straight gas non-ethanol. That price is not much more than it was 3-4 yrs ago. It sold for about $16-$20 depending on store.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    TF stands for Totally Fabricated... The steel can is way cool though!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    A mechanic at a repair shop for small engines and I were just shooting the breeze one day and he stated to me that 80% of the repairs that come into his shop are fixed (up and running again), simply by putting in TruFuel. As simple as it is, apparently a vast majority of people can't get it in their head that you need fresh gas and a proper mixture of oil. Hence, the unfathomable success of TruFuel.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    I've had gas treated with 1 oz of seafoam to a gallon sit for 4 or 5 years. The gas still smelled like it was fresh from the pump and it never clogged a carb or injector. Worse yet the gas in my chainsaw was treated with Stabil 6 or 7 years ago and that started on the 3rd pull a few weeks ago. I just found it rather amusing seeing a gallon can of treated pump gas labeled as 4 cycle engineered fuel and priced at $24.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I buy ethanol free fuel and mix with stabil plus 2 stroke oil if needed for all my lawn and garden equipment. Haven't had a single issue since I started doing this. Previously had issues with regular pump gas eating fuel lines. Zero reason to buy this good, but overpriced, fuel if you have ethanol free available.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,189
    Options
    I was looking into this engineered fuel recently and it is far more than just being ethanol free. It is also Olefin and Benzene free and is mostly Paraffins (CnH2n+2).

1dtx3intlbqt.jpg
    qa8d0h0udsgm.jpg
    x0z7u5bb5dv0.jpg

George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    edited May 2022
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up !
    Coming from 5-Star Marsha Minks (who strives for customer satisfaction ) you know it's gots to be good ! 🤗

5qehrw0zmf21.png

Sal Palooza
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    She's got lightly used undies, too. :p
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Where's the :barf: emoji?
  • audioluvr
    edited May 2022
    Options
    One word. Startron Fuel Treatment. :D
    1dtx3intlbqt.jpg

Yum! Benzene!
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    edited May 2022
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Where's the :scarf: emoji?

FIXED 👍🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • audioluvr
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Uh. Ok...
    v9nuonlh1aay.png
    Local Craigslist ad
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Wasn't able to get a photo, but out on errands earlier, I saw a crusty, intimidating biker dude wearing his MC club denim vest with the patch across the back. He's a member of the "Desperado's". Looked pretty tough. I didn't have the guts to tell him there shouldn't be an apostrophe. Pretty sure @Viking64 would've though.
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Wasn't able to get a photo, but out on errands earlier, I saw a crusty, intimidating biker dude wearing his MC club denim vest with the patch across the back. He's a member of the "Desperado's". Looked pretty tough. I didn't have the guts to tell him there shouldn't be an apostrophe. Pretty sure @Viking64 would've though.

Doesn’t the apostrophe indicate possessive? Apparently, the club controls him.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msg
    Options
    ah. could be. kinda like a cheerleader wearing her boyfriend's lettermans jacket I guess.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 2022
    Options

Denim vest, not tough, leather on the other hand is definitely concerning
  • msg
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get in touch with Marsha Minks?
    I've been contracted by the Secret Shopper network.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Two words.
    Chain.
    Mail.

:#
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 2022
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Two words.
    Chain.
    Mail.

:#

Well Doc I didn't want to "out" you
    😂😂😂
  • msg
    Options
    You need that.
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Those are awesome! Waiting for the review...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Honestly, the drivers alone were probably $2500-$3000 new if they are what I think they are. His description is crap as well as his pictures. But all of it was new as early as 2008 and all of it's been discontinued since at least 2014.

It's all car audio stuff.

The DLS Iridium line was one step below their top of the line in like 2008-2012. The top box looks to have the 6.5" component set. It's odd though, because that's not the woofer for the Iridium 6.2i. But, it's possible that it was pieced together from component drivers. When the Iridium line was discontinued, they got discounted to about $450-$500. They were $650 to $800 depending on where you bought them (authorized dealer vs. wholesaler). If those middle drivers are 8" mid drivers they were out of the component speakers bin, they are $300-$350 each.

But, if that's an Iridum 8.3i 3-way component set then that had a 2" dome tweeter, a 4 inch "bass tweeter" (they're Scandinavians, they'r weird) and an 8 inch midbass driver. That stuff was $1200 new from a wholesaler. Authorized dealers were closer to $1500-$1700 for that set.

Those Focal subs, they look like 12" Expert series. The Expert series first came out in 2009-2010 and they were about $400 each.

So forget the rest of it, there's about $1600-$2500 worth of drivers in those cabinets, at least.

But it's all car audio stuff so while it probably sounds real good when in a car, mounted like that, eh, not so much.

But you can get all those drivers now for like $500-$1000 on the used market. That includes the subs. So he's super cheeky with his "No low ballers, I know what I got" pricing there. Well, more delusional than cheeky.

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    You need that.
    audioluvr wrote: »

Lol! Not touching those with a ten foot pole.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    You need that.
    audioluvr wrote: »

Lol! Not touching those with a ten foot pole.

Get a longer pole😜
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    It's not the size of your pole, it's how you use it.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    Options
    AMERICA'S A NATION THAT CAN BE DEFINED IN A SINGLE WORD:
    AWDSMFAFFOTHIMAAAFOOTAFOOTAFOOTWHSCUSEME