Who is planning on attending Axpona

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2022
    The real deal Carver folks are here....Jim Clark. I dropped a what about Frank question in the box....

qjmz782ah13i.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    Polk room along with all their brand are listed under Sound United. 14th floor. 1425, 1433.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Keep those photos coming!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Bummed I cannot attend. :'(
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Looking like a great time
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • SCompRacer
    Some interesting speakers...
    v992onhscyd9.jpg
    oyun1qnyu9hv.jpg
    byq59zq37qjt.jpg

• SCompRacer
    No flagships in the Polk room.r8b80sk7fafs.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    A couple rooms had r2r.47k3j8gljzdg.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    I didn't take many pics this year....in the Tannoy room, tools not for sale or loan. Display only 7rpwqio1zs02.jpg

• SCompRacer
    The Salk room....e8xokwjssi8n.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    The lobby thing....rtoizuv5350d.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Thanks for posting all the photos, appreciate it!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Anybody get a look at the 100 lb Technics turntable? By the way $19,000.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat
    This guy has a bunch of videos posted already: https://www.youtube.com/c/AudiophileJunkie/videos
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Nice pics! Wish I were there. So did the Skipper drop Wireworld?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Wireworld is still listed on his site, so I don't think so: https://www.audiothesis.com/products
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    The lobby thing....rtoizuv5350d.jpg
    It was nice running into you At the show as it’s been a long time! I’m hoping to get some more pics today if I can take a break from working.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    nsrnv3sf02n6.jpeg
    This was cool to see some OGs.
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    Chris, it was good seeing you! I'm a WOOG. Worn out old guy after yesterday. :D

Let me know if you want to spin some vinyl. I rarely listen to the system by myself. Navigating retirement, adjusting.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    azf1qvzu48tr.png

I have read that this gal is pretty good (as well as her albums) and a Pacific Audio Society has actually had her play live, followed immediately by a reproductive effort from a nice system. How would you rate her recordings/music?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Someone posted a thread @ ASR with links to a bunch of Reddit photo thingies he's posted from AXPONA. I'll point to the ASR link which has links to the Reddit thingies, FWIW. :)
    https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-huge-picture-thread.33324/
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I think someone paid Naomi Watts to pose for that photo.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I see Charlie Watts.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    msg wrote: »
    I see Charlie Watts.

6th sense .....
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »

I have read that this gal is pretty good (as well as her albums) and a Pacific Audio Society has actually had her play live, followed immediately by a reproductive effort from a nice system. How would you rate her recordings/music?

Tom

She is terrific! I have a numbered HQ-180 gram Blue Minds double LP album signed by her. Met her at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Carl took a pic of me with my arm around her telling me to keep my hands to myself....lol. She laughed. Her recordings are very good, worthy of demo material as you heard.

She is an excellent pianist, been playing since she was young and has an intimate, silky smooth voice. Excellent framing, timing and inflection. We heard her play in the atrium at RMAF. She writes of human passions, and whether she writes or covers, she puts her heart and soul into the song. I rate her very highly.

mijwf7eiw7te.jpg

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Very cool.....I just ordered 2 albums. Thank you sir!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    I bet the Margules room sounded great!
    7mkzgjmqfbv81.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f0ba25745ab5f6a54228ee929b4156151384be22
  • Clipdat
    Dr. Skipperton's room spotted:
    ms7po2v8kbv81.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4b9c2deec31cca23d9ebfc3d13d182acab9ef437