Speaker + and -

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
I have + and - on my amp do I hook these up to the speaker + an -?

Sorry I had to be first to post here.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    HAHAHA

Man, this is WILD.

Ok, I'll go....

How do I hookup my PSW250? I plugged it into the wall, nothing happened....

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited April 2002
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    No.

Twist the + and the - together and then turn the amp ON really, really loud.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • hoosier21
    edited April 2002
    I have a pair of RT25i's, I am waiting to get some nice stands, so for now I have the on the floor facing down (drivers firing into the carpet), I think they sound muddy? is that the right term?? anyway I get no highs and I really have to crank them just to hear anything! and advice would be great.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Sounds like you need to add some water to inside of the cabinet. That should give you some crystal clear sound.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    Actually, I find that Urine has better acoustic properties than water. Try that.

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • pensacola
    pensacola Posts: 269
    edited April 2002
    [in a gruff Yoda voice...]

Me thinks you're trying to be the first new CLOSED thread.:p

Give War A Chance
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited April 2002
    Hey, I just purchased some killer Bose speakers because of all the trademarks and what not.

Question: Why dose anyone buy those enormous Polk speakers, wend you can get better sound from these tiny cubes and bass module that I've got? It doesn't make any sense. Later.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    I not buy bose speaker in store. I myself make them from the speaker inside the computer. I find 2 sound very well with half watt of music power. I am having tweek this later, and add a rt55 crossover. Sorry, my english not so good.

Horguste Hameflan
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited April 2002
    Once, at band camp, I place the Bose Wave Radio next to the RT25i's filled with urine, and connected the (+) to the (-)....after a few minutes, I heard a whirlpool/flushing effect and learned that if I held the little acoustimass cubes up to my ears, I could hear the ocean. I'm not going to mention what Micah did to the power port.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    I am having RT35. I must have buy wrong brand.

Life is suck.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2002
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Life is suck!!!!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    Thank You! Thank You!

You are a wonderful crowd! Remeber to tip your waitressess and bartenders.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited April 2002
    I am 2" tall and wend I can fit in own shirt poket, thanks, I standing inside of computer terminal crossover on RT55i cubes,
    I am having tweek for crossover on cube, thanks, ? Onkyo,
  • hoosier21
    edited April 2002
    JUSTIN NEEDED TO ADD A FORUM FOR B.S. , MINDLESS RAMBLINGS, POSTING WHEN YOUR DRUNK, R RATED AND SUCH. I OTHER WORDS DON'T COME IN HERE UNLESS YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YRS OLD AND HAVE A SENCE OF HUMOR.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited April 2002
    it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this new setup in here is kind of silly
    I don't know where to post,reply or anything...........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2002
    I have 2 front speakers rated at 650W. I hook-up both + and get 1300W of sound. I don't connect the -. This way I get more power.

BTW. I need a new amp. Mine must be broke. I get no sound. Maybe I need a bigger amp with the 1300w speakers. Any suggestions?:eek: :D :cool:
    Make it Funky! :)
  • rskarvan
    edited April 2002
    Gidrah...

I was reading a technical journal and it mentioned that two negatives make a positive. Therefore, if you hook the two negatives together it may be possible to get 2600W of sound.

Because your speakers are 650W and your amp is probably only 100W.... of course, you can't hear your speakers. In that same technical journal it mentioned that every component in series detracts from the sound. You might want to hook your speakers directly to the wall outlet for maximum transparency. They might need some warm-up time.... that will certainly explain any smoking.
  • gidrah
    edited April 2002
    Actually, I've already decided to get a 1650 wPMPO off E-bay for $19.99. It has 4 satellites AND a subwoofer. It also has +,-, and a wall plug for the 1100w amp in the subwoofer that powers the other speakers. This way I can hook it straight to my X-box. I have it progressively scan connected to my 17" Gateway monitor. I'm thinking about getting 2 and bi-wiring.

I don't care for your input and will consider any input as a question to my knowledge.
  • rskarvan
    edited April 2002
    Gidrah...

I noticed that under you name, it says "Space is the Place".
    You must work for NASA (curious, where do you work)?
    Anyway, your interest in Space certainly explains your preference for Satellite speakers. Properly positioned, nothing beats the geosynchronous orbit of a good satellite speaker.

Hey... that gives me an idea (please, Polk, don't go steal my idea and apply for a patent).

Has anyone ever tried to come up with a disco-ball type spinning speaker to disperse the sound. Maybe the centrifugal force will help "throw out" the bass waves. I could see a configuration for a 3-way speaker system where each driver's RPM corresponds to its crossover point. Maybe the speaker can double as a ceiling fan? Before you call my idea stupid... remember, Bose sold the waveradio to a lot of otherwise perfectly intelligent people.
  • iangallagher22
    iangallagher22 Posts: 10
    edited April 2002
    Great idea! I hooked up about 150 1 inch woofers in a big ball, hung'em from my ceiling and turn the electric motor on, got that sucker spinning so fast that after a while the speakers just flew off, however the sound effects at the time that the speakers were still attached was pretty unique.
  • gidrah
    edited April 2002
    Just make sure to reverse the direction often. Otherwise the wire will wrap itself around too many times. You can get a 1000ft roll of 24awg speaker wire pretty cheap and it's twice as good as 12awg if my math is correct.

I read that sound travels better in a vacuum. I'm thinking about sucking the air out of my speakers and sealing up the port. This would be easier than converting my Hoover.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited April 2002
    hey where did you get those 1 inch woofer??
    did u take them out of a bose system?
  • iangallagher22
    iangallagher22 Posts: 10
    edited May 2002
    The 1" woofers were made by a specialized manufactoring company in a specialized country. Took years to find them
  • gidrah
    edited May 2002
    You could just take the speakers out of headphones. I was reading the specs on a pair and man they went low.;)
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited May 2002
    yeah... i can almost feel the bass coming from my aiwa headphones....
    maybe with a couple hundred you could feel it...
    lets see...
    15 dollars a pair...
    50 pairs....
    $750...
    and like gidrah said 24 is cheaper than 12 and twice as good...
    what kind of amp would you need though??
    10wx100 do they make those?
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited May 2002
    or would it be more like 3watt by 100 channels...
    ahh the possibilities...
  • cgravil
    cgravil Posts: 101
    edited May 2002
    I are pleased to be telling you that you are all nuts... Sherwood is being the best that money can buy in this country. I am having a wonderous time with my setup.
    I am having an 19" Westinghouse TV, with a Sanyo VCR, an Oritron DVD and of course my Sherwood amp and speakers, of which we were very pleased to pick up all of this for about 600 of your american dollars.

Naihgilkjsa Burlimbarhaja

Oh yes I am forgetting, we are gaming on a Saturn that we picked up in a pawn shop. Why was this discontinued?
    The probibility of someone watching you is directly related to the stupidity of the action in question.:eek:
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited May 2002
    how do you pronouce your name??
    they discontinued saturn because their only game(Sonic the Hedgehog) only had 2 fans left after the first one, and the second one, and the third one...
  • ted538
    ted538 Posts: 63
    edited May 2002
    I dun beat my stoopid **** with one of my 800i`s..it is now all busted up..do youse think I can return for my monee bak?..