• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited February 2022
    msg wrote: »
    How do I get a code?

PM me baby girl, I'll take care of you. <3
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Ya know, sometimes when I read how threads go way off the rails here at Club Polk I can think of only one song. "Take Me Drunk" by Dangerous Toys...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited February 2022
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Ya know, sometimes when I read how threads go way off the rails here at Club Polk I can think of only one song. "Take Me Drunk" by Dangerous Toys...

Dangerous Toys?? I freaking love DT… Sport’n a Woody!!! That first album is gold. I saw them with Tora Tora, and LA Guns back in 89-90 it was a killer show..

That s/t album, and Junkyard’s s/t album are very underrated of that time frame, I would even throw XYZ’s s/t album in there..

Great Stuff..

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited February 2022
    Agree, I always thought XYZ was way underrated, along with House of Lords (well, the first two albums anyway). Might as well throw in Y&T too, those guys knew how to rock!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Hi everyone, is there an active coupon code now? I called customer service and they said if I sign up for the newsletter I will get a code, but I did and there was no code sent.

Desperately needing a pair of Reserve R200s so any help is appreciated.
  • There’s a 10 percent off code that you should get when you sign up. I think as far as I know they still have it active
  • There’s a 10 percent off code that you should get when you sign up. I think as far as I know they still have it active

No email unfortunately. Unless there is a delay between signing up and actually receiving it. I have waited for a day already. Did people generally have to wait for a few days to receive it?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    You should get it when you fill in the pop-up, instantly (so to speak).
    Did you check your spam folder, or (if you're, e.g., using gmail and have enabled it) your "promotions" or similar "junk mail" folder (if using some other email service)?
  • Nope, just tried again with a different email, there is nothing even in junk folder. Maybe there is a delay now. Unless Polk has just cancelled this benefit for new subscribers?!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    Any soundbar deals?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited February 2023
    If you want a deal on R200's check Audio Advisor. The sale in this thread was a very limited deal and isn't the normal sale prices.

I won't say it won't come around again in the future, but you'll probably wait a long time. They offered this sale and one 11 months later for the 50th Anniversary of Polk Audio.

Good luck.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Here's the main comment, though:

2) I realize that prices are kind of an ephemeral thing in late 2021 due to inflation and logistics/supply chain... but there are two different list prices shown on the Polk site for the R200 in two different places. This seems, at best, sloppy -- and, at worst, a little devious.

I'm also seeing different prices of R200 that I am thinking of purchasing with different prices.

Should I contact Polk about this, and do you think they will honor the lower price?

I think they will just say, "I just browsed to this page, but we are not seeing the price that you are talking about."

What if I provide them with a screenshot?

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    The 10% off only shows up if you have site tracking and/or pop-ups disabled. The code is displayed on the site page, directly after entering your information on the newsletter pop-up, not sent as an email.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg wrote: »
    The 10% off only shows up if you have site tracking and/or pop-ups disabled. The code is displayed on the site page, directly after entering your information on the newsletter pop-up, not sent as an email.

Thank you so much for the tip! Disabling pop-up blocker did the trick. :)

Unfortunately Polk Audio removed all Reserve and Signature Elite bookshelfs from their Polk Canada site (not sure why) so I can't even order right now :(
  • I really want to order the Reserve R200 but despite having successfully obtained the 10% discount code, I still can't find a way to enter the code on any page throughout the entire checkout process.

There is no box, prompt, or option to enter the 10% discount code.

For those of you who have got the discount successfully before, where do you see the option for entering the discount code?
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I really want to order the Reserve R200 but despite having successfully obtained the 10% discount code, I still can't find a way to enter the code on any page throughout the entire checkout process.

There is no box, prompt, or option to enter the 10% discount code.

For those of you who have got the discount successfully before, where do you see the option for entering the discount code?

When you are going through the checkout process, on the payment tab, there is link that says have. A promo code?.click on that and a box appears to enter the code. This is on my phone but I’m sure it’s the same on the full website

w3r1r0hh3dvp.png
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • @stangman67 thanks for sharing your screenshot, yes the promo code box finally came back. Polk was probably updating their site over the weekend, thanks for checking! :)