Polk L200

Options

Comments

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    You a… you a could cook up a couple more of those boards? Just the boards…

Looks like I’ll be working on upgrades this winter.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Sure, just have to hit print 😝
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    I’d love to hear those!
  • VR3
    Options
    Reserve 200

tz7r0w6pcrpb.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options
    Like a glove

lr6yyuxo668r.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Are those Path resistors?
  • VR3
    Options
    Yes the main series resistors I used path audio
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Looks more like a shoehorn.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Options
    Nah it fits perfect! End to end
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited December 2021
    Options
    "Installation tools required for the XO upgrade: a screwdriver, needle nose pliers, a soldering iron with rosin core solder, and a tube of K-Y Jelly".

;)

I kid.
    I kid.
  • VR3
    Options
    Lol... It seriously drops right in... No force required!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Lol... It seriously drops right in... No force required!

My first experience was like that. :#

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • VR3
    Options
    Doesn't sound like it was everyone's first experience... 🚀🚀🚀🚀
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    "Soaking" may work too.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Shame about that stamped steel basket though.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    "Installation tools required for the XO upgrade: a screwdriver, needle nose pliers, a soldering iron with rosin core solder, and a tube of K-Y Jelly".
    The K-Y is used to help relieve the pain caused by Trey's bill...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I know your comment is just a lighthearted joke, but in all seriousness I consider his rates to be more than fair especially considering the amount of manual labor and work that goes into these builds.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I completely agree... my comment was completely meant as a joke. Parts alone are enormously expensive. If you knew my comment was meant as a joke, why take it so seriously? :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Because your joke wasn't funny.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Because your joke wasn't funny.

Might I suggest trying to find a sense of humor then? I have the highest respect for Trey and the work he does. I believe his work to be of the highest quality you will find anywhere on this planet and much of the lesser known galaxy beyond. I know everything he does is to a level far above most mortals consider to be possible, and every new build leaves me awestruck by his considerable talents.

My joke was not meant to be taken as a dig upon his work, but most of us here know full-well that the cost of the parts used in some of these builds is astronomical. There can be 5 to 10 thousand dollars spent on parts alone. The humor was directed at the cost of such a build...

No more thread derailment here... My sincerest apologies to Trey that this occurred.

• VR3
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ns4fdvq8kazj.jpg
    b2tce6jgt4gd.jpg
    yvhd4v2fj0kd.jpg

• RandyCroissant
    Options
    Can’t tell are these point to point or copper trace? They look great.
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• VR3
    Options
    Gracias, all point to point
  • RandyCroissant
    Options
    I thought so a true craftsman
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Clipdat
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Despite FedEx's best efforts to destroy them in transit, the eagle has landed.
    g2ziw3dhdv5q.jpg

• VR3
    Options
    Squarely missed the swamp in Alabama
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Still seems ridiculous to me that they made a huge hole and destroyed the box, and then tried to tape it up like "nothing to see here", and this is on an insured shipment. Technically the box is part of the product, and they excessively damaged it beyond just normal shipping trauma.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I like how on FedEx's text message notifications it invites you to take a survey, but when you go to survey.fedex.com, this is what it shows:
    r4gwfscynnhl.png

This company is just firing on all cylinders right now aren't they? Impressive.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    Must be FedEx Ground....