Sansui G33000

Always wanted one of these.
If I lived in Arizona, it would be mine.

https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/vintage-sansui-g33000-dc-stereo-receiver_EED46DEB65/

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited January 2022
    They're -- monsters, all right.
    I wouldn't mind having one either... but they're huge, heavy... and I wouldn't use it if I had it. :#

It's funny that there aren't any photos of the preamp/tuner and power amp sections docked. Or, if there are, I missed 'em. :|

The street value of the 1970s ss monster receivers is probably very close to its absolute peak now. That's good if you're sellin' -- less so if you're buyin'.
    As the boomer generation passes away (or, less depressingly, let's say "reaches a point in life where we're spendin' less on hobbies"), I think the prices of the monsters will drop off fairly sharply. I guess that's good. :#

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    The fellow I sold my 200wpc G971 Sansui receiver to years ago also had the 200wpc 2 piece G22000 and was able to directly compare the two. To my surprise he claimed he preferred the sound of the G971.
    Don't I wish I had a big stash of those old receivers as they've been fetching stupid money for quite a while now.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    I think they just photo'd em stacked.

HiFi engine says 100+lbs. That's a big boy for sure.

Found a few sales between 7K & 10K, not sure on the dates.

Insane prices right now for certain vintage gear.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    They look better in the ad pic than the "stacked" auction pics.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    F1nut wrote: »
    They look better in the ad pic than the "stacked" auction pics.

Well , in fairness -- they're forty-three years newer in the brochure pics, too. ;)

(although I did NOT look better 43 years ago -- I was younger, but I also weighed I weighed nearly 150 lbs more in 1979 than I do now...)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    What I meant was they look much better unstacked.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    Yeah, I got you. I think so too. The brochure shows 'em docked and undocked.
    The G-33000 is huge and massive in the flesh, either way. As an "all in one"... I just don't know where one, realistically, would put one.
    Those last, dinosaur-era, super-receivers are (were) all outrageous pieces of hardware in their day.

Part of me would love to have a Yamaha CR-3020 (the only one of the series I don't have) but they are SO FREAKING BIG AND HEAVY (and expensive)... ain't a-gonna happen.

I don't need to start collectin' Sansuis. :#
    Here's my Sansui investment piece.

32338302637_438f2db5ca_b.jpg

;)
  • Very pretty! Nice understated design, maybe Quad inspired?
  • oldrocker
    Up to $2,500.00 with one day to go.

• mhardy6647
    oldrocker wrote: »

I'm guessin' it'll go for $5k without battin' an eye.
    :#
  • It has a cooling fan... :s pass.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • oldrocker
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I'm guessin' it'll go for $5k without battin' an eye.
    :#

I thought it would be at 5 already.

Been watching prices on stuff and it's off the charts it seems :o
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    Yeah --- $7.5k in this day & age wouldn't surprise me... although, much as Sansui is "appreciated" by some vintage gearheads*, the "G" series of Sansuis don't have the cachet of the Pioneer SX-1980. Those go for insane $$$ (especially given that they're not that great sonically). I wouldn't expect even a G-33000 to get to five figures.
    Dollar for dollar, I'd much rather have a G-33000 than an SX-1980. :)

Folks are more apt to spend too much on the earlier big sansuis, like the 9090db (even though the "db" part is pretty much useless in 2022).

Sold for $6,250.00.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    That is crazy dollars..
  • oldrocker
    Crazy indeed but what a cool thing to have in one's collection.

A Sansui 9090 just sold at GW for $1,053.00. Seems to be about average for a repair unit.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    That is a cool vintage unit, but not $6k cool IMO, if I had one laying around it would totally go out the door for that coin..
  • oldrocker
    Funny, you change the "sort" tab to price highest to lowest.

First 5 items popping up, vintage audio gear :p
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Funny, you change the "sort" tab to price highest to lowest.

First 5 items popping up, vintage audio gear :p

$18,500.00 worth. :o

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Damn that's serious money for a gawdy looking receiver. Vintage audio certainly is strange for what sells and what doesn't sometimes. Presently I'm getting dragged through the mud trying to sell a 380 wpc Mcintosh amp with an Audio Classics pedigree for about 1/3 of that amount.
  • mhardy6647
    Everything "collectible" is going for silly stoopit money these days. :|