Sansui G33000

Always wanted one of these.
If I lived in Arizona, it would be mine.

https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/vintage-sansui-g33000-dc-stereo-receiver_EED46DEB65/

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    edited January 2022
    They're -- monsters, all right.
    I wouldn't mind having one either... but they're huge, heavy... and I wouldn't use it if I had it. :#

It's funny that there aren't any photos of the preamp/tuner and power amp sections docked. Or, if there are, I missed 'em. :|

The street value of the 1970s ss monster receivers is probably very close to its absolute peak now. That's good if you're sellin' -- less so if you're buyin'.
    As the boomer generation passes away (or, less depressingly, let's say "reaches a point in life where we're spendin' less on hobbies"), I think the prices of the monsters will drop off fairly sharply. I guess that's good. :#

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,048
    The fellow I sold my 200wpc G971 Sansui receiver to years ago also had the 200wpc 2 piece G22000 and was able to directly compare the two. To my surprise he claimed he preferred the sound of the G971.
    Don't I wish I had a big stash of those old receivers as they've been fetching stupid money for quite a while now.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    I think they just photo'd em stacked.

HiFi engine says 100+lbs. That's a big boy for sure.

Found a few sales between 7K & 10K, not sure on the dates.

Insane prices right now for certain vintage gear.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    They look better in the ad pic than the "stacked" auction pics.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    F1nut wrote: »
    They look better in the ad pic than the "stacked" auction pics.

Well , in fairness -- they're forty-three years newer in the brochure pics, too. ;)

(although I did NOT look better 43 years ago -- I was younger, but I also weighed I weighed nearly 150 lbs more in 1979 than I do now...)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    What I meant was they look much better unstacked.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    Yeah, I got you. I think so too. The brochure shows 'em docked and undocked.
    The G-33000 is huge and massive in the flesh, either way. As an "all in one"... I just don't know where one, realistically, would put one.
    Those last, dinosaur-era, super-receivers are (were) all outrageous pieces of hardware in their day.

Part of me would love to have a Yamaha CR-3020 (the only one of the series I don't have) but they are SO FREAKING BIG AND HEAVY (and expensive)... ain't a-gonna happen.

I don't need to start collectin' Sansuis. :#
    Here's my Sansui investment piece.

32338302637_438f2db5ca_b.jpg

;)
  • Very pretty! Nice understated design, maybe Quad inspired?
  • oldrocker
    Up to $2,500.00 with one day to go.

• mhardy6647
    oldrocker wrote: »

I'm guessin' it'll go for $5k without battin' an eye.
    :#
  • It has a cooling fan... :s pass.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • oldrocker
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I'm guessin' it'll go for $5k without battin' an eye.
    :#

I thought it would be at 5 already.

Been watching prices on stuff and it's off the charts it seems :o
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    Yeah --- $7.5k in this day & age wouldn't surprise me... although, much as Sansui is "appreciated" by some vintage gearheads*, the "G" series of Sansuis don't have the cachet of the Pioneer SX-1980. Those go for insane $$$ (especially given that they're not that great sonically). I wouldn't expect even a G-33000 to get to five figures.
    Dollar for dollar, I'd much rather have a G-33000 than an SX-1980. :)

Folks are more apt to spend too much on the earlier big sansuis, like the 9090db (even though the "db" part is pretty much useless in 2022).

Sold for $6,250.00.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    That is crazy dollars..
  • oldrocker
    Crazy indeed but what a cool thing to have in one's collection.

A Sansui 9090 just sold at GW for $1,053.00. Seems to be about average for a repair unit.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,888
    That is a cool vintage unit, but not $6k cool IMO, if I had one laying around it would totally go out the door for that coin..
  • oldrocker
    Funny, you change the "sort" tab to price highest to lowest.

First 5 items popping up, vintage audio gear :p
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,888
    Funny, you change the "sort" tab to price highest to lowest.

First 5 items popping up, vintage audio gear :p

$18,500.00 worth. :o

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,048
    Damn that's serious money for a gawdy looking receiver. Vintage audio certainly is strange for what sells and what doesn't sometimes. Presently I'm getting dragged through the mud trying to sell a 380 wpc Mcintosh amp with an Audio Classics pedigree for about 1/3 of that amount.
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 435
    edited January 2022
    I lucked into a G9000 a bit ago. I will testify that it does have some kind o’ magic up inside it. It actually makes me like the HPM 100’s. The RTA12C’s are excellent on it. The R200’s, very, very nice. But sometimes I do consider selling it due to the crazy prices these days. It is so big and heavy and sexy and gaudy, but sooooo freaking cool. Tough call. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll keep it for now…. 😁

vuuradlkaey1.jpeg

0zwmkcvbyppc.jpeg
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • mhardy6647
    Everything "collectible" is going for silly stoopit money these days. :|