Anyone know where I could find some polk sda srs 1.2tl speaker grills

Options
Vintage speakers

Answers

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    That is going to be a tough find, would be easier to make yourself (if you have the skills and tools of course) or have them made from a local wood shop, you could put the grill cloth on yourself, that is the easy part..
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options
    ... Finding the SDA-SRS badges to put on them... not so much.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I have a pair of SDA-SRS (non 1.2) grills I've wanted to find a home for. Never have tried them on my 1.2tl's but assume they would fit. @1picasso...where are you located?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited January 2022
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »
    I have a pair of SDA-SRS (non 1.2) grills I've wanted to find a home for. Never have tried them on my 1.2tl's but assume they would fit. @1picasso...where are you located?

They are a different size. The 1.2TL is 3/4" wider than the SRS.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• JayCee
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Cool, now I know. Had them for 10 years and never checked. So, anyone needing SRS grills (non 1.2) hit me up.

Edit to add...I'm located in the Pacific Northwest and often/willing to travel a reasonable distance.
    Post edited by JayCee on
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Toolfan66
    Options

I don't like the badges on mine, I like the shaved look better, I have my set in a box somewhere..
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

They are a different size. The 1.2TL is 3/4" wider than the SRS.

Learn something everyday!!
  • F1nut
    Options
    Cool, now I know. Had them for 10 years and never checked. So, anyone needing SRS grills (non 1.2) hit me up.

Edit to add...I'm located in the Pacific Northwest and often/willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Try them anyway, my info could be wrong.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    Yep I'd try them for giggles. A little shave here and there they may work for someone who has none.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yep I'd try them for giggles. A little shave here and there they may work for someone who has none.

Joke in there someplace...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited January 2022
    Options

as long as you don't hear banjos playing :#
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • JayCee
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm renovating my basement and they're not accessible ATM, but I'll try them when I can and report back.
    I have the badges for them, too, but not part of the deal if they do move on.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options
    I'm renovating my basement and they're not accessible ATM, but I'll try them when I can and report back.
    I have the badges for them, too, but not part of the deal if they do move on.

We don’ need no stinkin’ badges...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited January 2022
    Options

I was counting on you man ...
    I thought that was a good alley oop...
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    I just I Just compared my 1.2's and SRS's covers and can report back that they are exactly the same size ie, completely interchangeable!
  • F1nut
    edited January 2022
    Options
    The 1.2 and SRS are the same size. It's the 1.2TL that is supposed to be 3/4" wider.

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The 1.2 and SRS are the same size. It's the 1.2TL that is supposed to be 3/4" wider.

Nope, the caps are the same size, that I do know..

• F1nut
    Options
    Then the SDA Handbook info is wrong.

President of Club Polk