Monitor 10 Rebuild with "TL" Mod

Options
13»

Comments

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    WOW!!! How the hell did I miss this old thread?? Fantastic Job, I have been on the search for some Monitor 7's to play around with, I so regret letting go of mine years ago..

I’m in the same boat my friend.
  • melchionda
    Options
    Nice work. A few questions.

1.) I saw that you sealed the interior with clear acrylic. Why did you do that? I was thinking of doing the same thing because the particle board is so flakey I figured it could use some reinforcement. Is it also to seal air gaps?

2.) I saw you glued the magnets. I heard that mentioned before. Why is that recommended and where can I learn more about that?

3.) Does anyone have the specs on the hurricane nuts and the screws that you used?
    Yamaha RX-A2080 HT Receiver in 5.4.4 configurationYamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amp Powering an extra set of Front SpeakersAudioLab 6000N Network Streamer Connected to Spotify and Amazon HD Music4 10" Subwoofers Powered By Dayton Audio 1200 DSP Amps4 In ceiling Atmos SpeakersSpeakers:Warfedale Diamond 9.1 (Front and Rear L+R)Polk Monitor 5 Jr+ (Front L+R)Martin Logan Motion SLM XL (Center Channel)Subwoofers 2x Dayton Audio RS270-8 10" Reference WooferSubwoofers 2x Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference Series HO DVC Subwoofer
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    1. That makes no sense to me.
    2. The original adhesive is prone to failure after all these years. Use JB Weld around the top and bottom of the magnet.
    3. I already answered that via PM.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    1. That makes no sense to me.
    2. The original adhesive is prone to failure after all these years. Use JB Weld around the top and bottom of the magnet.
    3. I already answered that via PM.

Sent him a whole list of instructions and sources for most Jesse.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/