The Grande Utopia Project

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    That should get 'er done! So, I guess the "lowly Tri-Vista integrated" will be in the FS section soon??? :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    VR3 wrote: »
    Have to put the crossover project on hold....

Picked up a musical fidelity hybrid kw pre and a kw750 amplifier

250 Amps of current and 1,100 watts coming my way!

lnxch56vmj5h.jpg

I lusted after one of those for a long time.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    I do believe unfortunately the tri Vista will be in the for sale section 😢😢😢😢
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Damn, that is a beast of a power amplifier. 2500w input power at 115vac input power works out to just over 20 amps of current draw (21.7 if my math is good). Lights all over your neighborhood will dim when you turn it up....
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Have to put the crossover project on hold....

Picked up a musical fidelity hybrid kw pre and a kw750 amplifier

250 Amps of current and 1,100 watts coming my way!

lnxch56vmj5h.jpg

Damn Trey, that’s a nice upgrade...that KW gear should be sweet!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Dibs on the Tri Vista!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdjohn
    Sorry, Troy, but I have a pair of 'Trey-modded' Mezzo Utopias, so IMO I should get first dibs on the amp :D We may need a mediator.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    You guys are machines! Haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • VR3
    You know things are serious when your power amp and preamp ship on a pallet
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Nice, Trey! When's it due to arrive?

Is the Tri Vista still available? PayPal "blank check" sent while Troy and Jody are distracted rolling around pushing each others faces into the sandbox.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    I would guess early next week...

I believe the tri Vista is spoken for... Ayyee... Man what a tough Amp to sell... The sound of the tri Vista on the utopias is like gold lol. The tri Vista just doesn't have quite enough umph for the grandes at higher volumes with transients.
  • VR3
    edited December 2021
    The tri Vista is a monster...

350 8 ohms, 600 at 4. 90 plus amperes current...

They are almost a perfect match for the grand but when both of those bass drivers are driving at higher volumes, you can hear some compression in the sound
  • msg
    Jokes, Trey! Jokes!

I enjoy my MF stuff, but I agree, that Tri Vista is a beast. Eager to hear how the new addition works with the Grandes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    You need my Mezzo utopias @msg 😝
  • msg
    I don't disagree :D
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Get a room you two!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    msg wrote: »
    That's okay, I'll get the next one. I was planning to use it with some Monitor 4s. Probably wouldn't have been enough power anyway.

Surly not ..
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Muaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tri-Vista and L800’s

I’m already monkeying with my privates.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    47t6d2zbup2k.jpg
  • jdjohn
    Nice! So are you playing Bing Crosby, or Trans-Siberian Orchestra?
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Requesting Burl Ives
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    Check out these songs

Cody fry - I hear a symphony
    Cody fry - eleanor Rigby
  • jdjohn
    Check out these songs

Cody fry - I hear a symphony
    Cody fry - eleanor Rigby
    Amazing young talent...based here in Nashville :)

But come on...how can you post a pic of your Christmas tree, and a poinsettia, without Christmas music?
    Eh...you do you, Trey!
  • VR3
    Man I worked retail 7 years and sold cars 2... I'm all christmas music out!
  • VR3
    I have no idea how this will sound

https://youtu.be/4-Yde6PbS1Y