Carolina Polkfest Vol. 5 - Oct. 22-24 2021 North Charleston SC

1235»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Next year, I may show up a day or two ahead of time and explore what Charleston has to offer (which is a lot). We were there at a rather fancy wedding the very day the country shut down for the "14 days" and haven't been back (except for Polkfest 2020) since then. Shame, considering we have 2 timeshare locations down there. It really is a cool town and I need to get another SC mug from "The Market".
    Well, that and I'd like to eat at Breck's.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • R200s arrived today. They are currently sitting on another pair of speakers because I don't have speaker stands. They sound great. Looking forward to hearing them settled down over the next few days.
    na3ybdcbjvcp.jpg
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Looking sweet!

Mine are perched on the Big Bozaks..,,

ewevn6a2ejn6.jpg
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    TroyD wrote: »
    ...and Blast from PolkFest past......2009, here are the Carver Amazing Plats (the ones I have now) about an hour before I absolutely SCORCHED a ribbon.

It was glorious, I assure you, right up until it caught fire.

amux14jv5e37.jpg

Never mind the glorious Carvers. I want those Wolcotts.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    I know, right?
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Thanks to you bunch of Bozo's.... I went and did a thing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited November 2021
    Thanks to you bunch of Bozo's.... I went and did a thing.

Buying Trey's L800s is old news . . . Whadja buy now?? . . . and Congrats in advance ;)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I didn't get Trey's speakers... the shipping was way too much.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    He is in discussion to get Trey's NEWEST speakers.
    HAHAHA...
    He thought shipping was expensive on the newest Polk offerings.......LOL

Okay, I'll shut up.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Ha...what did you think @Faustin freight cost to Aussy!!??!!...we don't want to know
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Ha...what did you think @Faustin freight cost to Aussy!!??!!...we don't want to know

Wrong guy
  • treitz3
    Wrong guy but still..... *dang*

Tom
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Malbec wrote: »
    TroyD wrote: »
    ...and Blast from PolkFest past......2009, here are the Carver Amazing Plats (the ones I have now) about an hour before I absolutely SCORCHED a ribbon.

It was glorious, I assure you, right up until it caught fire.

amux14jv5e37.jpg

Never mind the glorious Carvers. I want those Wolcotts.

One of them was a temperamental SOB. I believe Ted moved them on some years back.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk