Carolina Polkfest Vol. 5 - Oct. 22-24 2021 North Charleston SC

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2021
    Question for all the PF attendees......hoosier21 brought up a good point that most people probably have their music on a phone or digital device.

That I hadn't considered. Now, the Carver Amazing rig, the MF A1008 is a DAC with a USB (B) input that I have hooked up to my laptop at some point.........

The Bozak rig has the Cambridge streamer that has Apple air whatever and I've stream TIDAL from my phone so there is that....

Rig # 3 though......if someone has a DAC or streaming type thing that they would like to bring that would probably be cool. To be honest, it's just not something I thought too much about as I listen to hard copy formats 99% of the time.

I do have a decent selection of LP's, CD's and SACD's which you are more than welcome to peruse.......if you are bringing vinyl, also have a VPI vacuum cleaner if you want to clean some of your vinyl....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    If there is interest, I can bring my AURALiC G2 streamer. It has a built in DAC and I do subscribe to Quobuz. I still haven't even hooked it up yet, as my stereo/stereo room is under construction.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    Sure, why not?
  • TroyD
    So, got an email confirmation this morning......Micah is a definite attendee!

For those who know Micah.....well, you know. For those that don't, hanging out with Micah is an experience NOT to be missed!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2021
    Micah, ruler of the gnome universe. :)
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Damn, It will be great to see him again. Been a couple of tens of moons....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Hotel booked. Crazy ready to tear up Troy's bushes....

Or listen to music.....and steal TLW away from him.... :)

One or two or the other.

If any of y'all see a rather funny looking white boy strapped to a hood driving down I-95 in a Mocha/champagne colored Tahoe? No worries. That's just Trey.....we may not have room for him in the vehicle.

I figure that we can pick the bugs out of his teeth when we get there....we can make a game out of it.

Tom
  • TroyD
    I got a pressure washer....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    TroyD wrote: »
    I got a pressure washer....

Better save that for his skivies
  • TroyD
    Ok, gang, again, if you are thinking, geeze, should I go or is this going to be a boring snooze fest......it's not too late to change yer mind. *Ahem, Jesse, Ahem Ahem*

Between Polkies and my local gang...we are looking at a decent size crowd so it's going to be fun.

Get yer travel on!
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hotel booked. Crazy ready to tear up Troy's bushes....

Or listen to music.....and steal TLW away from him.... :)

One or two or the other.

If any of y'all see a rather funny looking white boy strapped to a hood driving down I-95 in a Mocha/champagne colored Tahoe? No worries. That's just Trey.....we may not have room for him in the vehicle.

I figure that we can pick the bugs out of his teeth when we get there....we can make a game out of it.

Tom

Tom,

Do you mind sharing where you booked. I have not pulled the trigger on lodging yet. As a side note we will be stopping at the Sierra Nevada brewery on the way so if anyone has a request.....

Caleb
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • TroyD
    Pretty sure that Tom stays at the Staybridge....it's a solid choice. Right off the interstate, less than 10 mins to my house...

https://www.ihg.com/staybridge/hotels/us/en/north-charleston/chsal/hoteldetail

• I should be there sometime around noon on Saturday.
  • treitz3
    Hi, Caleb. Troy nailed it. That Staybridge is in great shape, is well appointed and recently renovated. Trey and I will be staying there. It's a little bit more than just your average "hotel room" and is very conveniently located to the 'fest.

Tom
  • TroyD
    edited October 2021
    So the L200's and the R200's will be here tomorrow......

Man, I'm REALLY hoping I win the L200's. All the PF raffles and I've never won DICK. This is my year. I ain't getting denied this year.

Ok so, the raffle.....I'm thinking 20 bucks a shot. I know it's a little steep but we have some pretty darn good prizes and it's for two good causes. So bring some cash. Or TLW does Vinmo and Zillow or whatever that schit is.
  • TroyD
    Ok kids....I'm going over the menu right now.

I'm still on the fence for tomorrow night about doing tenderloins or a prime rib. Probably tenderloin. Perhaps grill some lobster tails as well........

I'll have the brisket already done for Saturday, will smoke a couple of Boston Butts in the Big Green Egg Friday night, Fried Chicken...and all the sides for lunch on Saturday (about 1ish) and for Saturday night, I'm doing a Lowcountry Boil. Shrimp, smoked sausage, corn and potatoes.....maybe boil some lobster tails in there as well......plus all the side. Red Rice. Potato Salad, Cole Slaw......ALL homemade.

I'm telling you, it's going to be worth it just for the food.......
  • Boston Tbone loving the music!
  • F1nut
    edited October 2021
    I know those two and da dog.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Damn I wished I could have attended!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    5ouer3jbcmx0.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Is that the Honey I Shrunk The Kids SACD? Can't quite make out the title.
    I disabled signatures.
  • TroyD
    h1xmb14steya.jpeg
    dpzyz03xsh48.jpeg
    t3aelqy2jt11.jpeg
  • F1nut
    VR3 wrote: »
    5ouer3jbcmx0.jpg

I recognize that CDP :)

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Is broke Jesse!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    All this time and I didn't know Trey was actually Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars! Is that Chumlee with the glasses and green shirt?

h4d679g0fuik.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That's actually Tom... @treitz3
    Hermitism wrote: »
    All this time and I didn't know Trey was actually Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars! Is that Chumlee with the glasses and green shirt?

h4d679g0fuik.jpg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a