RD0-194’s no more?

13»

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited September 2021
    @CarlJacobson_POLK Rumor mill is running rampant. Any chance you can put an end to the speculation, current status and fate of the RD0-194-1, RD0-198-1 and MW-XXXX replacement parts? Would be greatly appreciated!
    TIA,
    John
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • The actual part numbers are RD-0194-1 and RD-0198-1 Polk's parts number have always started with a two letter prefix, followed by a dash, then a four digit number another dash then any revision number.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    The actual part numbers are RD-0194-1 and RD-0198-1
    Thanks for that.

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    The actual part numbers are RD-0194-1 and RD-0198-1 Polk's parts number have always started with a two letter prefix, followed by a dash, then a four digit number another dash then any revision number.

Thanks for the correction. I know the correct nomenclature but can't figure out why I typed what I did???? :#
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Schurkey
    edited October 2021
    Schurkey wrote: »
    invalid wrote: »
    Does polk manufacturer them or do they someone else
    F1nut wrote: »
    Polk engineered them and have them made to their specs.
    In China, best I can tell. They're not marked that I've been able to find (which I think is a violation of import laws) so I can't tell for sure. It's why I've been reluctant to buy them.
    Just received mine. NO marking anywhere on the box or on the product. There's "Polk Audio" cast into the baffle, but no other ID or country-of-origin info.
    called Polk Customer Service this morning. I am still in their records from my previous purchases several years back. 4 RD0-198-1 plus 2 RD0-194-1 ordered, 20% discount applied. $320-ish with tax and shipping... ...They did not give me any grief about wanting four '198s. Never said or implied anything about low quantities. I was told I got the "last two" 194s, though.

Tomorrow, someone else will get the "last two" 194s??? And the day after, yet another person will get the "last two"???
    call4randy wrote: »
    I just got off the phone with Polk CS and apparently they managed to find exactly two RD-0194 tweeters in their system. They are en route to my house.
    I hope they didn't pull "my" two '194s off the shelf, and package them up for you.

Did you get yours? My shipment included the four RD-0198-01s, but I DID NOT receive my two RD-0194-01s. They're not on the packing list, they're not in the box, and no mention of a refund--but I haven't checked my credit card info yet.

I guess I'll be on the 'phone to Polk CS Monday.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I received my 198's yesterday. The only thing that says Polk is the tweeter bezel, all paperwork and CC charge says Definitive Technology. Last time I ordered everything said Denon.
    Polk Audio must be their red headed stepchild...

My one complaint it one of the tweeter bezels looks like it was dragged across concrete. In other words it has a gray rough cast to it. I tried to get a picture of it but it won't show up well.

One of these days maybe I'll get some aluminum bezels from @xschop so it won't matter at all at that point.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    still waiting on mine . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    edited October 2021
    Mine finally arrived after a trip from CA to UT to Vegas and back to UT - thanks Fed Ex! 🤬 198’s for my future 4.1TL project, 194’s in my SRS2’s and the final pair of 194’s in a pair of full mod 10’s I’m doing for my neighbor. Quick way to blow $500! 😂
    r1r25rgyt99k.jpeg
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • Haven't gotten mine yet...

Did you guys get a Shipping notification?
  • Schurkey
    vader540is wrote: »
    No shipping notification, no tracking number. Had to call them and correct my e-mail address or I wouldn't have even gotten an order confirmation at all; and the order confirmation didn't list WHAT had been ordered.

I figured they were on the way when FedEx sent me a text message on Friday saying I'd better be home Saturday, because they expected a signature for delivery.

Calling Polk CS tomorrow morning to see what happened to my two '194s.

• Schurkey wrote: »
    vader540is wrote: »
    No shipping notification, no tracking number. Had to call them and correct my e-mail address or I wouldn't have even gotten an order confirmation at all; and the order confirmation didn't list WHAT had been ordered.

I figured they were on the way when FedEx sent me a text message on Friday saying I'd better be home Saturday, because they expected a signature for delivery.

Calling Polk CS tomorrow morning to see what happened to my two '194s.

Thanks, I'll give them a call today.

I did get a order confirmation with what I ordered at least.
  • GlennDog
    edited October 2021
    Rec'd mine yesterday . . . I don't know which one is 194 or 198. I ordered 2 of each.

Except one tweeter has 2 skinny connections and the other has a fat 1 & skinny 1

There are no markings

Okie Dokie . . . just found this
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    yes RD-0198 has two different sized tabs to hook up the wires. RD-194 both tabs are the same small size.

Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    One tab should have red for the positive on the 194.
  • GlennDog
    edited October 2021
    another thought . . . Polk packaging ain't very good. Both boxes (RDO-194 & 198) had a measly pouch of air/Bag of air . . . . Both boxes had crushed air bags

Scuff marks found on all tweets.
    Me thinks it'll all rub-out. But still, a little more thought into packing would be nice

Packing nuts might be "mo betta!"
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    Folks hoarding speaker parts like they're toilet paper and its 2020 :D
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Midwest is now saying they will have more RD0194 tweeters, maybe February or March of next year.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I got 1 pair of RDO 198s stashed away I need one more pair guess I better jump on another pair. Glad I'm not searching for 194's with them being scarce. Hopefully the 198s are still around for a while.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    Midwest is now saying they will have more RD0194 tweeters, maybe February or March of next year.

That should be about the time they unload the boat that has been trolling in place the last two months....
  • Schurkey
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

That should be about the time they unload the boat that has been trolling in place the last two months....
    ...dragging oil pipelines around with it's anchor.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    edited December 2021
    Maybe some good news? Midwest is showing theses on backorder now. Feb/Mar 22 ETA.

RD0194 \\ Midwest Speaker Repair
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    My money's on the RD-Wuhans shipping faster lol.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Schurkey
    edited February 2022
    Swallowed my pride, called Polk Customer Service this morning. I am still in their records from my previous purchases several years back. 4 RD0-198-1 plus 2 RD0-194-1 ordered, 20% discount applied. $320-ish with tax and shipping. Shipping from Parts United, San Berdoo, CA. Should have them in "a week to ten days".

They did not give me any grief about wanting four '198s. Never said or implied anything about low quantities. I was told I got the "last two" 194s, though.

Tomorrow, someone else will get the "last two" 194s??? And the day after, yet another person will get the "last two"???
    call4randy wrote: »
    I just got off the phone with Polk CS and apparently they managed to find exactly two RD-0194 tweeters in their system. They are en route to my house.
    I hope they didn't pull "my" two '194s off the shelf, and package them up for you.
    Did you get yours? My shipment included the four RD-0198-01s, but I DID NOT receive my two RD-0194-01s. They're not on the packing list, they're not in the box, and no mention of a refund--but I haven't checked my credit card info yet.
    So having ordered 4 '198s and 2 '194s, and receiving only the '198s...I wrote-off ever getting the '194s. I wasn't happy about getting ZERO communication about those two tweeters being out-of-stock/order cancelled/backordered when I was told on the 'phone that there were two available.

Here it is, closing on five months later. Doorbell rings, FedEx guy needs a signature. I open the box and there's my two '194s. I look at my credit-card info online; they charged me for them on Twosday, 22 02 2022.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Glad to see the 198s are still available, I need one more pair.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)