Carolina Polkfest Vol. 5 - Oct. 22-24 2021 North Charleston SC

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
Might be Vol. 6...but, whatever...

Ok folks, it's written in STONE. No more date fluctuation.

Polkfest is BACK. Like F1Nut...it's Nationwide.

So, the drill is the same as in the 4 previous Carolina PF events. Pregame Friday evening. Fest on Saturday and get out of town on Sunday.

I am literally minutes from the Charleston Airport and Amtrak/bus station....there are hotels up the yang yang within a 5 min. drive. It's a very easy location to get to.

As I've alluded to previously, this is open to everyone that can employ some common sense. No post count etc etc. Spouses are encouraged to attend.....we've had kids but while I'm not saying no, it is an adult event. I've got a dog and two cats....and they have their run of the joint.

Food and beverages will be served......

This is primarily a social event with some great audio....so, if you are coming to sit silently to evaluate gear amongst pointy-head nerds in a library/morgue setting, you may be disappointed.

Questions??
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Anybody invite Mattie?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    I will mark my calendar. I will be driving down from the DC area. Looking forward to putting some faces to names.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • TroyD
    Awesome!
  • TroyD
    Ok kids....we are inside 90 days......would like to start getting a tentative number of possible attendees in the coming weeks.

If anyone needs assistance with logistics...where to stay or what not, lemme know.
  • TroyD
    Ok, gang....a little chatter on this?

So far, I got nothing but crickets......if you are thinking of attending, speak up!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    I cannot attend.😔
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    I believe me and Tom are coming
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Navy_Goat
    Still planning to attend. I have not booked a Hotel yet, but I will be setting that up in a few weeks assuming the wheels don't come off the Covid bus again....
  • Nex
    Nex Posts: 36
    Will it be as boring as this forum?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I can promise you that it will NOT be boring. That, you can take to the bank.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I can promise you that it will NOT be boring. That, you can take to the bank.

Tom

Shut up Tom :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    ....Somehow, I knew that was coming..... :D

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Nex
    Nex Posts: 36
    Just making conversation, I have no interest in attending your sorry event.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Nex wrote: »
    Just making conversation, I have no interest in attending your sorry event.

WTF??
  • treitz3
    Just another fly on the wall.....pay him no attention. Without food? He'll die a meaningless death.

Tom
  • treitz3
    So, do we have an "official" head count yet, Troy?

Tom
  • TroyD
    Not yet.....but I'm thinking 20+ if everyone shows.....
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    I will be there, I will bring the CRS stands I got from Jesse, still in sealed boxed he shipped them to me lol
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    I hear there may be L800 at this thing!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    WOOT WOOT....MAYBE an SRT as well. MAYBE.
  • pitdogg2
    M#th&r✓¥¢k£rs.....
  • TroyD
    edited October 2021
    I'm REALLY on the fence about the SRT.

On the one hand, it's reasonably close and priced right. I've chatted with the owner and he's a good dude.

On the other....TLW is NOT in favor. I REALLY don't need them, I mean, I've already got the Bozaks, Carver Plats...I've got a pair of B&W 802's and Maggie 1.6's out on permanent loan......and further compounding it is that these are the ULTIMATE HT speaker but musicality is questionable and should anything go south, parts are made of unobtanium.

That said, IF someone wants them. I'd be more than happy to go get them and make them available for pickup at Polkfest or at leisure...because it would be awesome to bring these into the family.
  • pitdogg2
    That would be cool if he just let you borrow them to "audition" to others.

You know I'm giving you 💩

I hear what you're saying about them being HT, I've never heard them but do know that was their intent.

It would be very cool to hear a set, and since I cannot make it would be the kind of luck I usually have 😂😂

• TroyD
    I’ve heard them at HQ Polk 3 or 4 times.....one time I got to spend an hour or so unattended....and they are badass for HT but, for 2ch? Meh.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I cannot make it would be the kind of luck I usually have 😂😂

Unless you get off the pot and . . . GO

I wanna drag @verbs a$$ and yours down there! :#

I'm try'n to make it happen on my end...
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    GET IT DONE!!!!

I promise, you will not be sorry. Events like these are not just like a "weekend" that you forget about with family.

The memories of what goes on last a LIFETIME.

Troy and TLW are the most gracious of hosts, the atmosphere is sublime (Until the dog farts) and you will NEVER get another experience like this. With the people that are coming (or are planning on coming)?

The history of Club Polk will astound you....or at least the stories will..

Good thing is? Dorokusai will NOT be showing up in his a**less chaps. RuSsMaN, however?......eh. He may just scare the hell out of you....or is it the Lightman, pee busher dude....?

Who knows, If you come? You will find out!

Tom

• TroyD
    edited October 2021
    YES!!

I'm telling you guys....PolkFest is an experience like no other, and other than gas and a hotel, it's a cheap weekend. The audio is good, the food is good but the laughs, stories and memories are priceless.

It is also spouse friendly.....so, while your significant other may be like, meh, we've had more than a few spouses and they have all had a really good time.....and if not, Charleston is a great place for them to explore.

When we did the first Carolina Polkfest.....I didn't really know what to expect and out of that, I have made lifelong family. Guys that will be carrying my casket family.

I promise that you won't be disappointed!
  • TroyD
    Also...I've been thinking about this.

Friday evening is the kickoff.....and previously I've said we can either have dinner together at my restaurant OR at my house.

Upon further reflection.......I'm not discouraging anyone from anything.....but I think that doing it at the Rancho de No Concerno is probably the easier of the two options. Folks can come and go as they wish depending on when they arrive, we can get the rigs set up and so forth. Plus, I want to BBQ some things for Saturday and would like to get the BGE going Friday evening.

So, for the menu......For Friday, I'm thinking of doing a Prime Rib (I rebuilt a KILLER DCS grill with a rotisserie and I'm dying to use it). If we have any non-beef eaters, I'll have another option and so forth.

For Saturday......I'm thinking Pulled Pork, Frogmore Stew (Lowcountry Boil), Brisket (maybe) TLW's Shrimp and Grits (this is a HUGE hit) and bake Mac'n'Cheese, Big Flo will make her famous Tater Salad etc etc etc......

We will have all the beverages that you could want.....and for the not feint of heart, some legit, family made moonshine.
  • Navy_Goat
    looking forward to next weekend. Plan to be on the road early Friday for the DC area. Should be in town for Friday evening shenanigan's.
  • treitz3
    If you are on the fence? This is next weekend.

Bring yourself (and your other half) or be sorry you missed out on the event.

Tom