American Heros

Options
rh6ijpcsw0st.jpg

My daughter sent me this shot...she is in the Honor Guard on her base Montain Home..thought it should have its own post

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,927
    Options
    So sad, I could say a lot as I'm so mad about the current situation overseas.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,483
    Options
    Not wanting to get banned but how many would have died every year if we stayed? How many nukes do we have left? Now's the time.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,386
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Lance Corporal Scmitz was 1 of the 11 Marines.
    Was from our state
    Wentzville, Missouri. 😥

God speed to all 12
    Sal Palooza
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 606
    Options
    2 were from Southern California...
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Nothing left to say; that photo says it all.
    :'(
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,120
    Options
    One LCpl Marine was from Omaha.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,118
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,584
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Semper Fi to all of them and your Daughter @NotaSuv , The Salior, the Soldiers and the Marines. They all know what it means. It's more than simply Always Faithful!

There was a better way!

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    edited August 2021
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »

There was a better way!
    Yes there was. I salute the courage and leadership of the Marine LtCol. that put all his cards on the table and played a very bad hand seeking senior leadership to accept responsibility for this mess that got 14 of our bravest killed. He is an example of the kind of leadership we really need.Those fallen heroes deserved better.

My God bless them and their families now and forever...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,021
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of our BRAVE soldiers that were taken by those terrorists. My thoughts and prayers also go out to ALL our service members that continue to,or have in the past,put their lives on the line for the rest of us. I still LOVE my country! Please continue to pray for these TRUE heroes.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
    Options
    U.S. Marine, Sgt Johanny Rosario (25)
    U.S. Marine, Cpl Hunter Lopez (22)
    U.S. Marine, LCpl Kareem Nikoui (22)
    U.S. Marine, LCpl Rylee McCollum (20)
    U.S. Marine, LCpl Jared Schmitz (20)
    U.S. Marine, LCpl David Lee Espinoza (20)
    U.S. Navy, Maxton Soviak (20)
    U.S. Marine, SSgt Taylor Hoover (31)
    U.S. Marine, Cpl Daegan Page (23)
    U.S. Army, Ryan Knauss (23)
    U.S. Marine, Cpl Humberto Sanchez (22)
    U.S. Marine, Sgt Nicole Gee (23)
    U.S. Marine, Ricky Thompson (21)

Look at those ages. 4 couldn’t even legally drink a beer yet.
    Rest In Peace, heroes.