I want to wax my balls, need help

They are already clean and shiny, I want to protect them and my playfield.

Do you guys wax your chrome after you polish yours?

I know some of you guys are car cleaning guru's and I would like your input.
This would be for my balls in my pinball machines.

https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    I never handle the pinballs with bare hands. Always use a cloth and wipe them down every time I clean and wax the playfield. This stops any rust. Wax does not adhere well to the balls, anyway. Extra balls kept in a jar with motor oil, pull one out and wipe it off...rustless after years
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    ^^^You first Lol
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited August 2021
    How much is a new set of balls anyway?

Should balls be regularly waxed for best performance for play?

Or is it best to for balls to have some natural friction, or is it better to have your balls sliding all over the place when banging into bumpers and gates?

Can unwaxed balls damage the playing field over time?

Does the playing field require similar maintenance?

Will the waxed balls be used on multiple playing fields?
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    msg wrote: »

Or is it best to for balls to have some natural friction, or is it better to have your balls sliding all over the place when banging into bumpers and gates?

TMI on my balls :)

• txcoastal1
    msg wrote: »

ask my wife...she owns them

wife likes a manly man

a little lube goes along way

well, you know, we are all getting a little older

refer to above

Are you going to pay my lawyer bill?

• txcoastal1
    edited August 2021
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Freaks!!

Look whose talking...you peeked at waxing my balls :D

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    I did😳😳😖
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I tried waxing my balls but I got second degree burns.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Ask your wife for help. If she says no kick her to the curb, you need to find someone that has your back. Thick & thin... hairs. :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    And not a single moderator in sight.... must be playing a game of pocket pool.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Nothing will make your balls slicker than Renaissance mirco crystalline wax.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Learn something new every day. All those years of playing pinball machines and I had no idea of the science behind the scenes of the pinballs.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2021
    @txcoastal1 i polish my balls every time I get my hands on them. That is unless I can get the wife to do it.

Normally done every time I take the glass off. I use Novus. This is what the distributor I purchased the machine from recommended. I also use it on the playfield.

ubzh9ppy9tvd.jpeg
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • txcoastal1
    Currently I am only using the Novus 1 as recommended by the Pinsider's on newer machines then Blitz wax

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Curious as to IF you could use the newer ceramic wax? It seems to be slicker than snot
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    tratliff wrote: »
    @txcoastal1 i polish my balls every time I get my hands on them. That is unless I can get the wife to do it.

Normally done every time I take the glass off. I use Novus. This is what the distributor I purchased the machine from recommended. I also use it on the playfield.

ubzh9ppy9tvd.jpeg

What an awesome looking table!!
  • txcoastal1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Curious as to IF you could use the newer ceramic wax? It seems to be slicker than snot

Maybe on a restore but you have to be careful with products that are to hard and have chemical that may damage the actual clear on a newer table

• pitdogg2 wrote: »

I believe that you can continue to use snot on your balls .

That's just a guess, though, I haven't really put a lot of thought into it. 😳
    Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited August 2021
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Use a bowling ball cleaner/polisher.. :D

ihajzm1b49sr.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • txcoastal1

• 474okhdw5hi1.jpg

🤤 O.....M.....G......🤤. ,👍👍👍
    Sal Palooza
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You going to pick one ☝️ up?
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    The Swan Song guy has no Balls…

• txcoastal1
    edited September 2021
    tratliff wrote: »

You going to pick one ☝️ up?

Yes sir, should be here by end of October :) ...and it's all your fault Todd...more to the story later ;)