Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 28,267
    My word -- of course it is a 511B :|
    I can't think of a better fate for a 511B ;)

Actually, I don't find them as awful as some folks do -- but there are certainly much better "500 Hz" horns, such as my once and still current favorites, the EMILAR EH500-2. Not that there aren't better ones... there just aren't better ones that I have encountered and can find and/or afford to purchase! ;)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,360
    uvgkkqrdylvv.png

I've been there man. Its a gut wrenching feeling. Probably worse then when they say "turn around and put your hands behind your back". Now I'm the guy saying " turn around and put your hands behind your back". Funny how things work out.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 1,249
    edited July 26
    The CM Labs 35D and the matching model CC2 preamp were reviewed in the February 1969 issue of Audio Magazine page 44.

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-Audio/60s/Audio-1969-02.pdf

7ugxjqxczpms.png
    Post edited by SeleniumFalcon on
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,356
    “Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he’s got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.”
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,515
    cx3g16mlqfi1.jpg

It'll buff out.... ;)

Is there a coyote carcass in it?
  • mhardy6647
    wapwlvxbmoe3.jpg

Smoke/haze today in NH from the wildfires out West and in Canada. :(

• mhardy6647
    stereo55 wrote: »
    ykupu89869fa.jpg

CM Labs 35D (one of my pride and joys) ...... Had this beauty for over 30 yrs and it is in all original cond (minus replaced power cord) and sounds even better now then before . 35D sat for 10+ years till about a 1-1/2 yrs ago as I finally turned my attentions and hobby from pc support and building back into vintage audio . :) CM Labs runs a pair of SDA-2b's quit nicely and easily (for a mear 35watt a channel) and sounds heavenly with a Yamaha C-45 pre-amp ! Iam pretty darn picky with my audio listening , but oh the joy of finally grabbing some Polk SDA's after waiting all these years and lucky enough to match them up with the little blue piece of audio history . ~

apropos of nothing, #2 :)
    (can you tell I am digging through our own backups, looking for something?)

idzwb9k9i4jy.jpg
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,436
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    stereo55 wrote: »
    ykupu89869fa.jpg

CM Labs 35D (one of my pride and joys) ...... Had this beauty for over 30 yrs and it is in all original cond (minus replaced power cord) and sounds even better now then before . 35D sat for 10+ years till about a 1-1/2 yrs ago as I finally turned my attentions and hobby from pc support and building back into vintage audio . :) CM Labs runs a pair of SDA-2b's quit nicely and easily (for a mear 35watt a channel) and sounds heavenly with a Yamaha C-45 pre-amp ! Iam pretty darn picky with my audio listening , but oh the joy of finally grabbing some Polk SDA's after waiting all these years and lucky enough to match them up with the little blue piece of audio history . ~

apropos of nothing, #2 :)
    (can you tell I am digging through our own backups, looking for something?)

idzwb9k9i4jy.jpg

That's a brand I've never heard of (CM Laboratories). What does the CM stand for? Channel Master perhaps? IDK. Thanks.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 1,249
    It was named after the founders Chou and Morris.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,436
    edited July 26
    Very odd looking design. I didn't get much from the video. I don't speak French.

An old design actually, from 1953.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/elipson-revives-classic-design-to-celebrate-its-60th-anniversary

9ewc96xgpxar.jpg

---

^^^ DSOTM played on them - Pretty Cool.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,723
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    u0mzxyv8anpr.jpg

Nice sweater! :D
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus