to late for this driver RIP sound solider

One of my MW6503 drivers is locked up from magnet shifting. I think it happen while doing upgrades, among them was epoxying the magnets. The other 3 in my SDA CRS are done now and fine. I ordered from ebay a pair of 2 replace it with. I couldnt decide between a new made replacement clone 6503, or 2 originals. I chose the 2 originals, cost the same but I got 2 instead of 1 for that price.
Should I...
A, Just replace the bad speaker with one of the used ones?
B, Replace one from each channel with the used pair? "Made in a differnt year than originals"
C, Just get the original 6503 repaired and use it, even though I have 2 replacements coming?

DON"T WAIT guys. Glue your magnets asap. Be careful and gentle when you do remove and glue them.

Lastly, who can fix/repair my cross-eyed 6503 driver?

I am so bummed out. All these upgrades and work done and I can't even test them out yet. This sucks.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Your midwoofer can join the Legion of Honor:

646yidyzhdd4.png

0i42ve9zsd7z.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Your midwoofer can join the Legion of Honor:

646yidyzhdd4.png

0i42ve9zsd7z.png

Usually, with bad speakers, I take them apart and salvage the magnets from them for use around the shop and workbench. But, SDA's are not your "usual" speakers. They justify repairs when possible.
    I will say though, the magnets from 2 old sl3000 tweeters that were cooked, are extremely useful. These two magnets get used nearly every job I do that involves screws or small steel parts. I have one of them glued to the bottom of an old Skoal can. USEFUL AS ALL HECK! Yes, I washed the can first. Nobody likes wintergreen smelling screws.
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Better sweet talk @lawdogg

I take it Lawdog can fix it?
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,135
    As of June 3 his signature still says "I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)" so you may be in luck. PM him.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Lawdog fixed it! He generously repaired my driver and it is now back installed and being enjoyed again. Thank you much!