Wanted quad 6922 tubes.

2»

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I do want to get my hands on some Mullards.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited May 2021
    Some of the titanium JBL tweeters rank right up there with Klipsch for brightness. I've had some 12at7 Mullard in the Dared and I didn't like them for my tastes. They seem to knock the top right off, I could see Mullards taming the titanium tweeter to a degree.
  • CH46E
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Some of the titanium JBL tweeters rank right up there with Klipsch for brightness. I've had some 12at7 Mullard in the Dared and I didn't like them for my tastes. They seem to knock the top right off, I could see Mullards taming the titanium tweeter to a degree.

The JBL L1 are just temporary speaker until I get around to finishing the Infinities. They have been the biggest and most expensive project Ive take On.
  • pitdogg2
    CH46E wrote: »
    Thanks for the info John. I'm thinking as others said, let them burn in a bit. I think I'll leave them on for the rest of the weekend and try them Monday night.

Besides, it sounds like my son is in there fighting for his life on Call of Duty anyways. I don't feel like dealing with his eye rolling when I ask him for 20 min in the room. :D But he is going to have to turn the subwoofers off soon or stop calling in air strikes and throwing grenades.

My son has roasted more tweeters and drivers from gaming than I can count. 😁😁😁
  • CH46E
    Well Logan ( my son) knocked a old school clock off the wall. Needless to say he is done for the night and my wife is not happy. Maybe I can sneak in there and put on some tunes.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    @CH46E I know you'll have to take a loss on resale :'( just keep me in mind. o:)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • pitdogg2
    marvda1 wrote: »
    @CH46E I know you'll have to take a loss on resale :'( just keep me in mind. o:)

Subtle Marvin...
  • CH46E
    I've had music running all day In There. A few more days ill give them another listen