Might be it for Tiger

Options

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    Options
    If they "fixed it" using traffic calming measures, such as speed bumps, or speed traps, there would be just as many complaints.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Here in Wilmington NC. they've put 3 speed humps on a 1/2 mile curvy road around the corner from me. Speed limit is 35. It's probably the stupidest waste of money I've seen on the implementation of speed control.

Even the Ambulance drivers got a lot of attention for vocalizing their opinions that this city was going to "create deaths" by slowing the ambulances down WAY TOO MUCH.

There were opinions somebodies friend was getting paid by the foot putting these humps EVERYWHERE. It was a WTH?, another one..? It's like you get back up to the speed limit and right then you have to start breaking again...NONSENSE.

Hasn't California heard of speed humps or rough road grooves to wake people up or to announce danger? Those road grooves sure get your attention in a hurry! I watched that video and didn't see one speed hump on a supposedly dangerous and proven crash causing road.

I've driven millions of miles ( yes...probably millions) and have seen some accidents too. Most accidents I've seen are from speeding. A lot are from people going through an intersection when they shouldn't have. My wife had our fairly new car totaled from a jerk going through a red light as she entered the intersection.

Tiger fell asleep, is my thought. He just had back surgery a week or so before this happened to him...and he had just gotten up?
    Stiff and sore back??? a pill or two OR three will take care of that...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    Options
    Update on Tiger Woods: returning to PNC Championship NEXT WEEK.

LINK TO STORY

Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Tiger fell asleep, is my thought. He just had back surgery a week or so before this happened to him...and he had just gotten up?
    Stiff and sore back??? a pill or two OR three will take care of that...

Had it been the average Joe Blow, toxicology would have been drawn before our keister was in the ambulance. Operating a vehicle under the influence of ANY substance is still DUI, and a jail cell would be waiting just as soon as the court system would allow.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    That putz should do the world a favor and just fade away.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    The PNC "Championship". isn't in the same league as the Masters, etc so let's not get any false hopes up.

After viewing pics of his X-rays from 10 months ago, I still say that one should IMO resign themselves to the fact that Tiger is NOT coming back.

I wish for him that he enjoy his 36-hole outting with his son Charlie. ⛳

Sal Palooza
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    That putz should do the world a favor and just fade away.

Should he do the world a favor or do YOU a favor? Not that he'd care what a .......like you might think.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The PNC "Championship". isn't in the same league as the Masters, etc so let's not get any false hopes up.

After viewing pics of his X-rays from 10 months ago, I still say that one should IMO resign themselves to the fact that Tiger is NOT coming back.

His ego sure is though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options

I can't help but root for Tiger. If he even makes it to the weekend I will be very impressed. I'm honestly already impressed that he's willing to play. I do think this shows a major shift in Tiger's attitude and approach to the game. Previously he's said that he would never enter an event he didn't feel like he could win. But it seems to me that his focus hear is really on the special event and time with his son.

And although the PNC isn't the same as the Masters... it is a PGA Tour event. And if he does somehow win, that would officially seat him with another major record: the most career wins on tour. Even if that win comes at this event or another smaller event in the calendar, it would continue to add to his legacy in my mind.

And if he does somehow win another major, it might also overshadow Hogan more in the long term legacy.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    The PNC isn't really a PGA Tour event. It has players from the regular tour and Champions (senior) tour, and their children can be boys or girls. If you look on the PGA Tour schedule, it doesn't even show up since it's not a sanctioned event. It's a team (not individual player) event, and obviously not all the players are on the actual tour.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • displayname
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    The PNC isn't really a PGA Tour event. It has players from the regular tour and Champions (senior) tour, and their children can be boys or girls. If you look on the PGA Tour schedule, it doesn't even show up since it's not a sanctioned event. It's a team (not individual player) event, and obviously not all the players are on the actual tour.

Ah, you're right. It gets so much traction that I assumed it was now. But it totally makes sense that it isn't. Either way, I'm still excited.
    Discogs
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    edited December 2021
    Options
    It amazes me that he's good at putting a tiny ball in a hole but somehow has trouble keeping a car on the road.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    It amazes me that he's good at putting a tiny ball in a hole but somehow has trouble keeping a car on the road.

Well he's good at getting them in the sand trap...
    Lol
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I used to have a cat named Tiger. He liked sand too.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited December 2021
    Options
    He's just another flawed fellow human being. If he were nicer to the world, faithful to his wife, and in better control of his flaws and vices, he would still be loved and hated just the same.

Love him or hate him none can't deny his achievements.

625243697-quote-Tiger-Woods-achievements-on-the-golf-course-are-not-142961_1.png
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Tony M
    Options
    I heard he's going for Augusta this morning on the news.

More practice today to see if he can do it.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Just saw he wants to play. :)

He's feeling good.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    Options
    I assume he's feeling good as some medications help you feel that way.
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Achievements aside, he's lost my admiration awhile back.....but hey, we put worse up on a pedestal these days.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options

Well this isn't the PNC, care to chime in?

Not playing too bad considering he almost lost his leg 14 months ago.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    He lost his mind a decade ago....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Adam and Eve effect...just like Tyson

You start thinking with the wrong head
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    You start thinking with the wrong head

Who among us hasn’t?😬😬😬
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • jdjohn
    Options
    I am actually surprised/impressed by Tiger's performance today. But, it is clear he has lost several driving yards off the tee compared to the young guns...such as one of his playing partners today, skinny little Joaquin Niemann, who shot 2 shots better than Tiger. This difference of 20-30 yards per drive will compound itself over the course of 4 rounds of golf. These young guys are not intimidated by Tiger, and have their own goals/agendas.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Tiger made the game as it's played today. Courses are longer and you can't just be a driver or a short game player. You have to be great at one and good at all the others.

Tiger proofing the courses was what the PGA had to do which up'd everyone's game, coaching included.

My attorney and life long friend, whom is an avid golfer who played for Rutgers on scholarship has seen and followed Tiger many times over the last couple decades.

1-Tigers arms are huge...deceiving on TV
    2-back in the day....Tiger was the first one on the practice areas and last one off, even after sun down.

Regardless Tiger is a true phenom of the game. Wish he hadn't gone sideways and lost his mojo...so I wish him luck.
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    I am actually surprised/impressed by Tiger's performance today. But, it is clear he has lost several driving yards off the tee compared to the young guns...such as one of his playing partners today, skinny little Joaquin Niemann, who shot 2 shots better than Tiger. This difference of 20-30 yards per drive will compound itself over the course of 4 rounds of golf. These young guys are not intimidated by Tiger, and have their own goals/agendas.

Tiger has a plus, in his prime his shot making skills were excellent to unbelievable at times. But his uncanny mental focus throughout a match gave him the edge which I think only Jack Nicklaus could equal.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    I agree that his mental focus is still at the highest level, but 'match play' is much different than 'stroke play', and in the end, IMO, his current level of physical endurance will not endure through four rounds of competitive stroke play. I do hope he makes the cut...for his own satisfaction.

I think this event, The Masters, is his best bet for winning another major. The other majors have too much variability in location/conditions for him to have a chance.
  • displayname
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Tiger made the game as it's played today. Courses are longer and you can't just be a driver or a short game player. You have to be great at one and good at all the others.
    Just building off the section, I thought this post was interesting:

Discogs
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Interesting, but somewhat apples and oranges. There was a lot of re-designing of the Augusta National golf course after Tiger's win in 1997, so the 2019 version of the course purposely required different club selection. Plus, some of the holes mentioned in that graphic are par-5 holes, so hard to tell if the clubs referenced were for lay-ups, or for 'going for the green in two'.

I will, however, back-off my earlier comment about driving length being the limiting factor for Tiger at this tournament. Iron-play, and putting, proved to be bigger factors for him in this tournament.