Return policy horror story in progress

Per the "Return Policy", I've sent multiple emails to myorder@polkaudio.com that included my Order ID, Billing email address, products to be returned, and reasons for return. These items were bought directly from Polkaudio.com. They were purchased less than ten days ago. Yet despite my efforts to initiate the return and obtain an RMA/return shipping label, it's been over a week now without any reply from Polk.

I've tried calling Polk's Customer service number (800-377-7655) multiple times, staying on hold for 53 minutes on one occasion, 47 for the other, and countless times for 10-15 minutes but no one answers.

When I tried different telephone prompts that got me to "Ed" who works in the technical support section that responds to customers who need replacement parts, one time he said "it shouldn't be a problem to obtain the RMA" and transferred me back to the Customer Support line where no one answers. I called "Ed" back and asked if he could find another way to assist and he hung up on me.

Several days ago I used the Customer Inquiry form that is available at the PolkAudio website to explain my Return efforts to date and to request that my return be processed. No one has answered that yet.

This is bizarre behavior; not what I expected from Polk and certainly not what I expect from any company in 2021 (unless that company is actively committing fraud).

Does anyone have any additional insight into how to successfully engage with Polk customer service?

Does anyone know if Polk is on the verge of a Chapter 11 filing?

Has anyone filed a complaint against Polk, either legal (private or via any states' attorney general or consumer protection bureaus) or via BBB or other entities?

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    Let me refer this to my friend at Polk.
  • astrofan
    astrofan Posts: 5
    Let me refer this to my friend at Polk.

Thank you, Falcon. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    Your situation has been made known to Polk, you should get a response soon.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I hope he gets a response soon, but it doesn't change the fact that Polk CS has fallen flat on its face. It doesn't seem to matter how many exact same stories we hear either, nothing changes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Probably not enough people to handle the volume of requests received, and an inadequate "system" to keep track of the requests.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    I am seriously considering the new Reserve line. However, as I keep reading these horror stories, my own brother has a couple as well, I don't know. I mean, as a long standing member here, purchasing Polk over the years and singing their praises to others, it doesn't make me feel real confident if something were to go wrong with new speakers. Kind of makes you wonder.

Money talks and bxxxxxxt walks...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    Probably not enough people to handle the volume of requests received, and an inadequate "system" to keep track of the requests.

The "System" seems to be, post a complaint on the Polk forum, wait for one of the forum members to kindly pass that complaint on to someone working for Polk "Customer service" and then maybe or possibly get some help?

Franz Kafka, "The Castle"??

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Astro fan getting what the Astros deserve. The irony. :#

You need to be banned...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    edited April 2021
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Astro fan getting what the Astros deserve. The irony. :#

You need to be banned...

Why? ..
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited April 2021
    astrofan wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Who is Carl Jacobson?
    @CarlJacobson_POLK

awi4ecxboicb.png

He's a marketing person with the brand ("Director of Brand Marketing"); he's been riding shotgun (so to speak) on the recent forum 'upgrade' issues with functionality and aesthetics. One would think that he'd be a good conduit back to the company for the lapses in customer service/support that Polk's been suffering in recent years. Poor support can't make a marketeer's job any easier! :wink:
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2640232#Comment_2640232

FWIW, I'd opine that the Reserve series has much less to go wrong with it than an active component, soundbar, etc.
    i.e., I'd be way less nervous about investing in a pair of the Reserve loudspeakers than a more "sophisticated" component like a soundbar -- the 'tech' componentry seems to be the brand's Achilles heel.
  • astrofan
    astrofan Posts: 5
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    astrofan wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Who is Carl Jacobson?
    @CarlJacobson_POLK

awi4ecxboicb.png

He's a marketing person with the brand ("Director of Brand Marketing"); he's been riding shotgun (so to speak) on the recent forum 'upgrade' issues with functionality and aesthetics. One would think that he'd be a good conduit back to the company for the lapses in customer service/support that Polk's been suffering in recent years. Poor support can't make a marketeer's job any easier! :wink:
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2640232#Comment_2640232

Thank you.