This format is horrible

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I wonder how many other great Polk members are gone for good with this fubar'd format. We lost a bunch last time...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I left for a few months and come back to this trash. Wow lol
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Matches the new Polk logo. Very Pre-K like.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I wonder how many other great Polk members are gone for good with this fubar'd format. We lost a bunch last time...
    If you leave due to the new format you're not a true Polk member. I've been here longer than any other member and through all the different styles of this forum. As long as it exists in some fashion I'll be around. But this is the worse version.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    I’m used to it, your to staunch..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • I wonder how many other great Polk members are gone for good with this fubar'd format. We lost a bunch last time...

Hey bro...

I’ve been erased apparently, 14 years of history I’m no longer allowed to access. My posts are still there, but as my name says, “sorry access denied” when I try to login. This is literally the ugliest, most poorly designed forum in the entire time I’ve been here. I feel like I’m posting to a void here. Like the nothing zone or something. So the forum sucks, and I can’t login with my actual username. Maybe with the next “upgrade” we could get rid of pictures and words too, then we could just stare at a blank white wall. This sucks ****.

• I wonder how many other great Polk members are gone for good with this fubar'd format. We lost a bunch last time...

Hey bro...

I’ve been erased apparently, 14 years of history I’m no longer allowed to access. My posts are still there, but as my name says, “sorry access denied” when I try to login. This is literally the ugliest, most poorly designed forum in the entire time I’ve been here. I feel like I’m posting to a void here. Like the nothing zone or something. So the forum sucks, and I can’t login with my actual username. Maybe with the next “upgrade” we could get rid of pictures and words too, then we could just stare at a blank white wall. This sucks ****.

The ***’d out word was a$s, apparently that’s too extreme for this suck zone 🙄.
  • mantis wrote: »
    If you leave due to the new format you're not a true Polk member. I've been here longer than any other member and through all the different styles of this forum. As long as it exists in some fashion I'll be around. But this is the worse version.

Yeah bro, I can’t imagine anyone that’s been here longer. There are a few “old timers” that come to mind (F1, Doro, etc) and you’re one for sure lol. I’ve “only” been a member for 15 years, but I think that qualifies as a Polk forum veteran, and I agree, this is the worst by far. I’m not going anywhere, but I would like to get access to my actual account back!!!
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here.

It seems we may have ruffled some feathers (and eyeballs) with the template changes that occurred when we were bringing the forum back online. I've introduced myself and posted about this on another thread. For the sake of making things easier for the people who will be doing the updates, I was hoping that we could consolidate comments on that other thread.

You can see my posts here:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2640232/#Comment_2640232

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2640245/#Comment_2640245

Could you help us make things better by posting there?

Thanks,

Carl

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Hey....if you click "request mobile website" next to the url in the upper left corner, it looks a hundred times better!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I just tried the site on my MacBook and the background is not bright at all.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited March 2021
    I just opened the forum on a desktop computer using three different browsers (Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox). They all looked the same, not ideal, but the same.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    I don’t know what’s the big deal ? The people are the same the questions vary and there is an end result, so what’s the big deal, let it simmer for six months then get back to me...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The background's been toned down to a grey from white.

Shades of SOPA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    hmmm... SOPA.
    I am drawin' a blank (FWIW).
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    hmmm... SOPA.
    I am drawin' a blank (FWIW).

Circa 2005 right here on our beloved Forum. Hint: started as a fun rebellion against another format change with background color similar to this.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    FInut wrote: »
    I've changed my mind. I'm really enjoying this new format. It just takes some getting used to. The rest of you should stop complaining and switch to using a computer.

Whatever

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I've changed my mind. I'm really enjoying this new format. It just takes some getting used to. The rest of you should stop complaining and switch to using a computer.

The fake F1, but kind of funny.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    wow, so that's when we first switched.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832

If I say Fake News will I get banned??
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited March 2021
    ^^^ Dang, I hate logic.
    :|
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited March 2021
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    It's like deja vu all over again.
    Where the hell have you been??? Welcome back.