S55 Crossovers

Good morning all.

Brand new to the board; thanks in advance for your patience.

I'm looking to upgrade the crossovers in my S55s but before I remove them and replace the parts, I'm curious if anyone has the schematic--or at the very least--the values of the inductors, resisters, and caps? In searching through the board, I've learned that getting a schematic is tough. I think I'll be able to reverse engineer it (hopefully), so at the very least a confirmation of which parts values I need would be great. Look forward to hearing from the community!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    The schematic is not available. Pull a crossover, the values will be printed on the caps and resistors.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jon2332
    jon2332 Posts: 4
    Thanks for such a quick reply. Excuse my ignorance, but will the inductors have ratings on them as well? I can see without removing any of the parts off the board at which levels the resistors and caps are rated but I don't see the inductors.
  • F1nut
    They will not.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jon2332
    OK. It's been a few months and I went forward with attempting to upgrade the crossover parts in my S55s. I would like to attach all the components I purchased point-to-point and disregard the board. The problem is I don't have the experience to feel confident in reverse engineering the schematic. I understand the basics but don't want to screw anything up. I searched an I can't find the diagram online.

Is anyone willing to help me with us? I like learning and would help any way I can. Definitely willing to pay for the time and effort.

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    Like most manufacturers Polk doesn't make public schematic drawings of current products. It might be easiest to simply remove a part and substitute the one you prefer. The problem that arrises is that often the replacement component is physically larger than the original. Kind of like fitting a size 13 foot in a size 9 shoe.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2021
    jon2332 wrote: »
    OK. It's been a few months and I went forward with attempting to upgrade the crossover parts in my S55s. I would like to attach all the components I purchased point-to-point and disregard the board. The problem is I don't have the experience to feel confident in reverse engineering the schematic. I understand the basics but don't want to screw anything up. I searched an I can't find the diagram online.

Is anyone willing to help me with us? I like learning and would help any way I can. Definitely willing to pay for the time and effort.

We MIGHT be able to trace the circuit if you post clear pics from the top and bottom of the crossover. The pics should be straight on.

President of Club Polk

• jon2332
    Thanks for responding. I’m very appreciative. I was able to find a volunteer to draw up a schematic. I soldered the components per the drawing and it worked like a charm. Boy, what a difference. The biggest change is the separation. Much cleaner sound.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to respond. In the case anyone is interested, this is the schematic I used.

m7lbuddbaa9k.png