Most fun I have had in a long time!

Not done but too excited not to post a pic or two!

1.2tl crossover. The V arrangement in the tweeter network allowed for almost no jumper leads, was excellent!

idzfiuai7ung.jpg
ph6j9ophgjhl.jpg
tc67qs2jypbw.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Very nice presentation and layout. Looks like a LOT of hard work that you made look easy. Those custom boards are trick.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • You are the MASTER!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Will the crossover be visible once installed?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Nope! Mounts right on the front crossover plate! 😜

Thanks guys!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Got it.

Hopefully the recipient of these is a forum member so we can get some before/after listening impressions.
  • Clipdat
    Did you use a stain on the wood to get it to look like that?
  • VR3
    The main board is a wood species called "Chakte Viga" and the connector pieces are mounted in mahogany

All just have a simple clear coat
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Do those grow in NC??? :D I've watched that 'Swamp Loggers' show, but didn't see them harvesting any of that. ;)

Someday we can say, "I knew Trey before he got famous...before his work was on display in the Guggenheim."
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Super sweet! Too bad the end result is hidden. I'd have had you build one with a 3/8" thick lexan plate so you can see the awesomeness!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VR3
    edited February 2021
    Unfortunately lexan can not be cut with a laser! Otherwise that would be sweet! I could use acrylic but acrylic can literally split into pieces, nothing like doing a build and then have it split in half!

Thanks guys! Dunno about being in the guggenheim hahhaa
  • VR3
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Do those grow in NC??? :D I've watched that 'Swamp Loggers' show, but didn't see them harvesting any of that. ;)

Someday we can say, "I knew Trey before he got famous...before his work was on display in the Guggenheim."

Apparently in South America they use those trees for fence post untreated and last 100 years? Go figure. Beautiful wood though, cuts great with the laser. Smoke pours out the exhaust like a chimney out the sid eof my house! I tape all of the seams of my printer before I hit the magical blue button though so it stays fresh inside with no smell!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I don't like it.
  • VR3
    😢
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Hot damn Trey, you do good work. Rock on with your bad self.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Very, very nice.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Gorgeous nice job
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Really nice man, great job
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Sean is going to be very happy when he gets these dawn undah!!
  • VR3
    edited February 2021
    Thanks guys!

These are not for Sean, these are based off some of the parts that were in the speakers.

Seans build will be massive lol
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Can't imagine what the Monoliths' boards will emerge as. >:)
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    Im excited to see the caps in person!!

Should be about this size...

25fd9yibcrdy.jpg
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    That is a thing of beauty! 🤩

wywfst2inhgb.gif
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Still don't like it😉🙃😉
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    VR3 wrote: »
    Im excited to see the caps in person!!

Should be about this size...

25fd9yibcrdy.jpg

Those must be the Duelund cast caps, those are supposed to sound awesome. I don't think too many people get ears on those, being they cost so much money.
  • VR3
    edited March 2021
    Thanks guys!

Im still sad @pitdogg2 hehe

I can't wait until they arrive, I think we have been waiting... 5 months?? But I've been told they would be here this month
  • Phenomenal
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• VR3 wrote: »
    The main board is a wood species called "Chakte Viga" and the connector pieces are mounted in mahogany

All just have a simple clear coat

Thanks for the information <3