Anti diffraction rings (for tweeters)

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    B)
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Here is 2.3TL overlay

wgtwcbbttu8x.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    What about the 3.1TL's?
  • VR3
    Yes sir, I just need to know the total height including the diffraction strip that came from the factory above it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • honestaquarian
    Total height of the entire speaker or just the tweeter?
  • VR3
    I would need to know the measurement from the bottom of the tweeter to the top of that strip in the photo

77216.jpg
  • honestaquarian
    Is anyone else having trouble tonight with the forum?
    I’m trying to upload a pic and it won’t let me do it.
    Keeps timing out.
    Anyway 4 5/8” inches
  • JayCee
    Is anyone else having trouble tonight with the forum?
    I’m trying to upload a pic and it won’t let me do it.
    Keeps timing out.
    Anyway 4 5/8” inches

Yes, tried to load a few pics and get something like a "failed to upload" error. Tried 2 different browsers and no luck.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited March 2021
    Yes Carlton I have been fighting that all night. Keeps saying something about vanilla servers. Something is amiss.
  • VR3
    I will draw up a mock up for the 3.1 tonight and update.

I was having issues as well with pictures, I used url links from old posted photos in half the pics
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    edited March 2021
    Will the AD rings negate the need for that plastic strip across top of tweeter?

Really cool, yet functional upgrade either way.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    It should negate the need for the strip but also wouldn't hurt to leave it either
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    In that case, I'll take a pair for the 8TLs when they are ready. Thanks for making these available.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    the dark line up top will be a route out to give it a bend

z2h7ase37jk4.jpg
  • honestaquarian
    So the material would go onto the tweeter faceplate AND the diffraction strip above it?
  • VR3
    Yes

I could include two pairs, one without and one with four you to compare as well.
  • VR3
    The way that strip is designed it looks like it would interact with the midrange driver as well, so would need to test both to come up with the best solution
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Where would the velcro dots be mounte, in between the top and bottom of the RDO198's, using two dots or on each mounting screw using 4 dots? No question is to dumb right? I might pick up a pair for 2.3tls.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • VR3
    I would probably do the top two mounting screws and then two dots below the tweeter, leaving the bottom two mounting screws floating. (for a single tweeter)
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Trey I’m interested in a pair for my 2.3tl’s. Let me know when you can have them available.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • VR3
    I have more material arriving today, once I have everything cut, let me see if I need to order more to make for the 2.3

I used the little doughnut rings on mine today for about a hour and I couldn't believe the difference, totally forgot how much improvement these things bring
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    jykw5z1qt3xf.jpeg

Those tweeters seriously need washers on the back side of the mounting screws.
  • JayCee
    Aw, hell. Add 3.1tl's to my order. Please PP me and I'll send more $.
  • VR3
    Inquiries not invoiced yet -

@xschop RTA8TL (one pair with the tab and one without)
    @honestaquarian 3.1tl (one pair with the tab and one without)
    @JayCee 3.1tl (one pair with the tab and one without)
    @Drumingman (one pair 2.3)
    @gudnoyez (one pair 2.3?)
    @muncybob (2b)

Not sure if I missed anyone else??
  • VR3
    u5h461uhhas3.jpg

2.3tl!
  • honestaquarian
    stevep wrote: »
    jykw5z1qt3xf.jpeg

Larry’s rings are behind all of the drivers. Which is why you don’t see the regular Phillips screw there and instead you see the Allen screws. I did this during the big, giant dreadnought group buy of 2016. I also got Trey to do the crossovers. You can see the upgrades in my thread about it.
  • VR3
    On the 3.1tl, I'm including two sets so you guys can give me feedback, price includes both pairs
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    stevep wrote: »

Which is why you don’t see the regular Phillips screw there and instead you see the Allen screws.

The RDO tweeters need a washer under each mount point so you don't distort the bezel when you tighten them. I understand that those button head Allen bolts are also missing the countersink on the rear but that only makes the distortion of the bezel worse.

However they're your speakers and this is a FS thread so I'll stop off topic posting.

• honestaquarian
    VR3 wrote: »
    I would need to know the measurement from the bottom of the tweeter to the top of that strip in the photo

77216.jpg

No washers on these either.