Record player in the sun?

Trying to figure out if there would be any issues moving this...
nsjgiyjsteh8.jpeg

To here...
itck8jnqiqk1.jpeg
2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Depends on whether the sun shines directly in that window at any point in the day. Window glass has some UV protection built in but not much and not enough even when combined with a normal curtain to prevent sun fade. If it's a north facing window I think that spot would be ok. But, it also looks like there's a heat vent in that spot.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Yes, there is a heat vent.

The back yard is pretty shaded, but there is some direct sun at times.
    uulhscjlydx7.jpeg
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Emlyn
    It could be ok there. May want to look into a sheet of UV resisting window film that goes on the inside of the window glass.

Nice view!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Love the view! 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • hochpt21
    Thanks. This is what it would look like.

8ojdow6d14fu.jpeg
    r5pqw371dw0r.jpeg
  • Emlyn
    Looks good! Nice turntable setup.
  • Kex
    Ya know... we have a cabin in the mountains, and it’s facing full south. The windows have UV shades that come down in the full sun and they really filter out the heat extremely well. So well, in fact, that you can sit on the couch in direct sun, and not feel any heat at all. Aesthetically, IMO, they would look better than a curtain behind your turntable, and you could lower them easily at will when needed.

Just a thought, in case of OCD! 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • hochpt21
    I actually think I like it better here, but currently in negotiations with the wife, lol.

1mhpp6t4gcd7.jpeg
  • hochpt21
    Kex wrote: »
    Ya know... we have a cabin in the mountains, and it’s facing full south. The windows have UV shades that come down in the full sun and they really filter out the heat extremely well. So well, in fact, that you can sit on the couch in direct sun, and not feel any heat at all. Aesthetically, IMO, they would look better than a curtain behind your turntable, and you could lower them easily at will when needed.

Just a thought, in case of OCD! 🤔

They come down automatically?
  • Kex
    If powered, yes, and if HomeKit compatible then HomeKit lowers them according to automated settings. I have a lot of stuff controlled in my house according to time of day, sunrise and sunset, etc.

The one thing HomeKit is still missing most, IMO, is a light sensor, so that automations can actually be programmed according to light levels.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Emlyn
    I agree it looks better the way it is where it's not blocking the window.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    My concern other than sunlight would be the possibility of standing waves in that nook making for subpar TT performance. Not sure that's really an issue though.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I think the second position is better since it doesn't block the vent.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    I like the 2nd position as well. Up north I, nor my wife, like to block the sun out. Especially in the winter when we don't see it much!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I have the same curtains! I like the 2nd position as well.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    WAF overruled by the PAF (Polkie approved factor)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a