NICE B&K Reference 4420 225 w/ch power amp complete

I am selling a B&K Reference 4420 power amp complete with manual, power cord and original box and packing.. I have Ref 2220 so do not need both . It works perfectly and looks great. It puts out 225 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 350 into 4 ohms with 75 amps current. . The unit is built like a tank and weighs 42 lbs. It has balanced and unbalanced inputs as well as a trigger system. On a side note Having owned many B&K units I think this is the last of the B&Ks that tended to lean toward the warm tube side of things with a very lush dimensional midrange and sweet top end. Will be double boxed Asking $475 Thanks

8wl2ebi8nhbr.jpg
kpzsht04uxre.jpg
l364u2x6olfe.jpg
d4r4l4300foc.jpg

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited February 2021
    Smoking good deal here folks!
    Do you want me to buy it so I can sell it back to you in 6 months? ;)
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Sorry sold local
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2021
    I just have to ask... why post up an item for sale to forum members and then only give us 12 hours to make a move on it? Seems to me that you would want to give members a chance at least before posting it for sale elsewhere. I give folks at least a few days, and will even work with someone if they need more time.

Just my opinion, but whatever...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I just have to ask... why post up an item for sale to forum members and then only give us 12 hours to make a move on it? Seems to me that you would want to give members a chance at least before posting it for sale elsewhere. I give folks at least a few days, and will even work with someone if they need more time.

Just my opinion, but whatever...

That is nice of you to do John, and I try to do the same. But not everyone is in the same financial position, and at any rate it’s not a forum requirement. He’s a long time trusted member and can list simultaneously if he wants/needs to...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    And I agree. Flipping gear is just a nice way to share with other members in here , give great prices and have some cash to buy new gear. Win win for everyone.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • geppy1
    edited February 2021
    Hey Jess you are shooting from the hip without knowing the deal Your killing me. I have explained this before. I am in no financial position to wait on things When I do my comparisons or change my mind I put the stuff up on several sites and at very fair prices In this case I lost $50 pretty quickly You have a problem with it then come to me and I will explain
  • geppy1
    edited February 2021
    FYI My price are GREAT and beyond fair That is why my stuff moves because I am not out trying to make $$$ I should point out I have also done time payments for couple people over the years
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2021
    geppy1 wrote: »
    Hey Jess you are shooting from the hip without knowing the deal Your killing me. I have explained this before. I am in no financial position to wait on things When I do my comparisons or change my mind I put the stuff up on several sites and at very fair prices In this case I lost $50 pretty quickly You have a problem with it then come to me and I will explain

All you do here is sell gear....a lot of gear. That makes you a flipper.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Flipper or not..... he is a good honest seller with great prices and a great reputation.

I hope he doesn't get chased off.
  • geppy1
    I guess I always understood a flipper was someone who went around finding gear cheap and then basically selling for profit and may or may not even care to audition the gear. I know a couple of local guys who do that Spit on it and wipe it off and it "has been serviced"

Little story I came on here around 2001 to 2003. I used to work in the bizz and owned and liked Polk products so I thought cool. Did not say much just read a number of things for a couple years. I noticed a trend of people getting kicked around and not treated to well. Then I saw this line directed at poster who was being kicked around (not me) "That's just how we roll here""

I will never forget that I thought what the h$%%? is this private Club House? No thanks. I left for about 2 to 3 years did not even look at the site until 2007. Still saw the same thing going on to a lesser extent. Then at some point there must have been enough complaints and then Polk stepped in and things settled down but a lot of damage was done and good people left.

I think it might be time to move on
  • F1nut
    Instead of posting a deflection and taking your ball home why not start contributing by sharing your audio experiences or just general BS and cut back on the selling here. Maybe you don't realize it, but you list/sell more gear here in a year than most do in 10 or 15 years. One member joked the other day that we should start calling this section the Geppymart. That didn't sit well with me, hence here we are.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Just to point out where folks are coming from, out of all of these posts, only 6 of them were questions/discussions and not for sale threads.

You have over 1000 discussions you started but only a tiny fraction of those are actual discussions.
    70zpqagsokaq.png
    pw0u4imdantb.png
    oegp9mjr3kwq.png
    xyf5i40c3f2l.png
    9tlan2hg4z7j.png
    2qv7n01vugku.png
    4k0q18iji4ni.png
    72e4b0f3q56i.png
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    His doing nothing but selling used to irritate me (and honestly still does sometimes), but I don’t know that posting his opinions about other stuff would really make a difference. I have no clue whether he’s making or losing money on his transactions here, but I do know that he offers most, if not all, of his items at good prices. Plus, and I think this is very important, he’s never had a bad transaction to my knowledge.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    daboyz wrote: »
    My thought is that if you're going to sell here then I believe that the spirit of the Flea Market is to give fellow Polkie's first shot. If you already know that it's a great price and it will sell quickly why not give us a couple days chance?

This is the crux of the matter.
  • CH46E
    edited February 2021
    I see the same thing here as happened to Dbryant. So the guy mostly sells gear here. He sells at below eBay prices. Sometimes by a lot. I can't imagine he is getting rich doing it. While I don't know his situation, I can only say that he has helped members here obtain some nice gear for below market value. Me included. He allowed me to pay for the Marantz UD7007 in two installments. That kept the wife off my back. Worth a fortune if you ask me.

If you ask me, he is a asset here.
    Please don't chase him off too.
  • F1nut
    edited February 2021
    Quoted from the rules.
    Being able to offer items for sale or trade is considered, by its membership, to be an earned privilege. To earn this privilege a member must accumulate at least 100 meaningful posts before he is permitted to offer anything for sale or for trade. Furthermore, this privilege does not extend to obvious gear flippers no matter how long you have been a member.

What qualifies as "meaningful" and who are "obvious flippers" will be determined by the moderators and "for sale/trade" posts will be deleted if they are in violation of the rules.

No one is chasing him off, but if he chooses to leave because of being called out for being a flipper.....well, then you know the only reason he is here is flipping gear.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Oh lord 🙄

President of Club Polk

• CH46E
    F1nut wrote: »
    Quoted from the rules.
    Being able to offer items for sale or trade is considered, by its membership, to be an earned privilege. To earn this privilege a member must accumulate at least 100 meaningful posts before he is permitted to offer anything for sale or for trade. Furthermore, this privilege does not extend to obvious gear flippers no matter how long you have been a member.

What qualifies as "meaningful" and who are "obvious flippers" will be determined by the moderators and "for sale/trade" posts will be deleted if they are in violation of the rules.

No one is chasing him off, but if he chooses to leave because of being called out for being a flipper.....well, then you know the only reason he is here is flipping gear.

Is that really a bad thing? He obviously is passing on a savings, right? I hear and agree and don't dispute he almost is only here to sell gear. But prices and product are fantastic. No way at his prices is he getting rich.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the problem here.
    Thats just my .02 cents. I'm done, and I just want to say that I hope he sticks around.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I never paid any attention to his, or any other, gear for sale threads. If others are interested in the for sale threads then that is their choice.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    It's not about whether he is making, losing or breaking even. It's about flipping gear, an unbelievable amount of gear.....way more than what anyone could possibly consider from normal personal use.

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I've never bought anything from him and have no plans to either. What I find strange is when someone posts a question about a piece of gear that he's obviously familiar with it's crickets. To me that makes it rather obvious he's here for one reason only which is to line his own pockets. But at least he's consistent as he does the same thing at his other selling venue where he cross posts the same exact ad.
  • geppy1
    Looks like fun for everyone Lot of speculation and assumptions. Thanks for the nice emails/messages folks have sent. Again I always thought flipping was buying gear cheap with the primary purpose to turn and sell at a profit. Not my deal. Not even slightly. Some times one loses and sometimes one gains but it all evens out. Point being making coin is not the purpose.
    In fact there have been a few posts were I actually have explained what is going on and why all the gear. Why would I explain ? Because I too have cringed a little when looking at the at the amount of gear. The fact that I felt the need to explain is because of the assumptions that get made here. Most of it has been in the last 2-4 years

1) I have explained this before. Apparently ignored or missed . I believe in bringing things in and comparing head to head. To many times on sites we see questions about a piece of gear. People respond with well get X. OK, why? Have you compared it to anything? Well no but I own it so it is great . Not helpful. I line them up heating up on the kitchen counter and bring them in and out while my wife tries to ignore it. Once I think I know which I like the other leave. Oh wait I changed something else. Let us bring that other piece back again and see if anything changed That is the reason you see some pieces several times as I keep coming back to them . Another reason is I buy this stuff just like you but CANNOT afford to have the funds tied up long so the ones that are out need to go quickly This has caused some rash decisions to be made to quickly and then a redo so to speak I need to stop and just settle. I hoping this ends because I am tired

No worries as I will not be posting any for sale items here and hopefully soon not much anywhere

2) I have learned a lot but at the end of the day it may not mean much in somebody else's system. One thing I have noticed is it seems many agree on the sound of a particular item in general but it is a matter of whether one likes that sound or not. I also have news flash for some of you. I spend a LOT of time behind the scenes on various audio and astronomy sites answers questions of giving advice and helping people out.. I could spend al day doing that but I am legally blind and typing on a keyboard takes forever for me. Even doing the ads takes 5 time longer for me then you.

2) I have explained this before also. Some of this gear is not mine but I am responsible for it. I have a 75 year old collector friend in ND who got into the oil bizz and bought everything in sight. Really nice guy but he is in rough health and such and now realizes he does not need 40 amps and 35 phono preamps 40 turntables and so on. Some of this stuff he way overpaid for. He had bought a couple of things from me 4 years ago. He spent a lot of time talking to me. Turned out we worked for the same audio bizz back in the 80s. When he decide to move his gear he asked me to help him. He told me why. (1) He trusted me. (2) He felt I went above and beyond to help people and would take care of people . (3) I knew my stuff in and out. He offered me a typical percentage I said NO it was to high and I do not want to make money off of a friend . Taking just enough to cover the time and effort was good enough even though some things took a lot more effort and time and cost me. The good news it was great to try some cool gear I never would have tried.

There ya have it 35 minutes later. Again this has been explained before but no worries as I will not be posting any for sale items here and hopefully soon not much anywhere
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    I have been extremely happy with the Aragon 4004 mk2 you sold me. In fact since my start in 2009 you and I have bought and sold to each other more than once. Each time your packing and effort to insure safe travel has been superior.
    Keith I personally will miss seeing some of the great gear that has passed through your hands.
    You may not put alot of words out here in front but in PM's you have multiple times helped me make better decisions on gear.

Thank you Keith.
  • I have purchased from Keith as well. In fact is has been one of best purchases I have ever made in my audio journey and I am still enjoying it.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited February 2021
    geppy1 - I feel you are an asset to this place and since your hobby is buying, experiencing and selling, not necessarily for profit, it would be a loss if you left. It would be nice if you gave everyone here a few days at least before you list elsewhere. I hope you stick around. I remember you posting some knowledge about Peerless tweeters and their variants that I didn't find anywhere else.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform