Might be it for Tiger

Really bad car crash in LA...car rolled a few times, and they had to use the Jaws of Life to extract him. Multiple leg injuries :/ He might never play golf again.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited February 2021
    13 accidents around the location Tiger had his crash on that road. According to the news last night they're have been multiple calls to look at "fixing" that part of the roadway.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Right, I looked at the road on Streetview and see it's kind of like a four lane mountain road inside a residential area with ravines and without guard rails. Even has runaway truck ramps because brakes fail on dump trucks going downhill. Guard rails would have helped, but may not be there for aesthetic reasons.
  • TEAforONE wrote: »
    Here's my opinion. Not that anyone asked..... If Alex Smith can come back and play at the level he plays in the NFL,after sustaining a brutal leg injury,my money is on TW making it back to the tour. He is a professional athlete,with the means and fortitude to overcome severe injuries. As long as infections don't totally decimate his leg. Alex Smith had to deal with infections to point they actually had to remove muscle tissue. It will be a very long road,but my money is on Tiger.
    I sincerely hope for this. It would be amazing to me if he not only came back, but also got one more win. At least overcome that Snead record.

But I think it's also good to be realistic and regulate expectations. The Alex Smith story is only relevant to an extent. Tiger is more than 10 years older now then Smith was when he had his injury. And Tiger's already had an impressive comeback story with his back issues.

If Tiger plays on tour again, it will be an outstanding comeback story.
    If he wins on tour again, it will be a comeback story for generations.
    If he wins another major, it will be one of the greatest comeback stories of all time.

I agree with you about the age factor. 10 years,is 10 yrs! However,take this into consideration also. Tiger doesn't have 275lb defensive ends and linebackers trying to drive him into the turf on every play. (Unless of course he's still running around with the ladies and there's a jealous husband involved) One thing is for sure, with his fame and fortune,he probably has a better chance than a lot of us "regular" folks. That was not meant to sound bad,just one of the facts of life.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Ugh. Hope he can keep his leg!
    Prayers sent!!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited February 2021
    Joey_V wrote: »
    9u6cidpg1kx6.png

Just saw this picture.

Ran it by my orthopedic spine surgeon friend.

“Career ending. Any of those injuries. May lose his leg.”

Tibula?

umm... is that anything like the tibia, or is that what it's called after all that happens to it after a horror car crash? :|

I know it's not your thing @Joey_V but, jeepers, I hope that image (more to the point, the accompanying text) isn't from some sort of ostensibly reputable web site.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Yeah... probably a big ol' HIPAA violation somewhere in there as well!

It was really the "multiple leg injuries" that caused my original post about him being done. That right leg is the anchor point, and takes a lot of torque.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • JayDog
    JayDog Posts: 266
    I can picture his right foot hard against the brakes... axial force to the foot, destroyed the foot causing lisfranc fracture and extruded talus, then snapped the fibula in Atleast 5 parts, tibia compresses, cracked through skin on medial leg... geeeeeeez....

I never seen that many fractures in the leg in my 13 years as a doc. Wow!!!

I am still in pain after reading this...WooWee!
    If the whole DR. thing doesn't workout Joey, You can always try the literary arts.. :D
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Do you know if the docs are going to do any stabilizations to the Fibula?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jdjohn
    I can picture his right foot hard against the brakes... axial force to the foot, destroyed the foot causing lisfranc fracture and extruded talus, then snapped the fibula in Atleast 5 parts, tibia compresses, cracked through skin on medial leg... geeeeeeez....

I never seen that many fractures in the leg in my 13 years as a doc. Wow!!!
    Don't be so hard on yourself...you got it correct above :) I don't think that image is straight the imaging archives room...most definitely created by a graphic artist.

I do see another problem though:
    yowavdeztcdd.jpg
    The evil, for-profit, empire as we refer to them here in Nashville :p
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I’m very embarrassed about that tibula...

Hey, everyone knows you have a PhD in medicine. NOT grammer... :p
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Bridgestone seems to think that just a little bit of extra tire grip would have saved the day. At least that's what I took from their ad that lunched today...
    https://youtu.be/tBmOz05_quE
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • JayDog
    I’m very embarrassed about that tibula... was this picture done by a media person and not a medical person?

What kind of fool posted this picture on here??

🤫

This is going over my head, I just play a Dr on TV.. :) , Joey what is the issues with the picture?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    @jaydog
    It's Tibia not Tibula
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jdjohn
    audioluvr wrote: »

Nor in 'grammar' ;) Although he may very well have a PhD, too, I think he may strictly be MD. Those in the world of academia will quickly point-out the difference between the two. I've even seen where those who have both become quite persnickety about which credential is listed first after their name.
  • JayDog
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    @jaydog
    It's Tibia not Tibula

got it.. thank you, I thought i was having a senior moment.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    👆You were! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »
    @jaydog
    It's Tibia not Tibula

In Italy it's called "Tiber"

Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited February 2021
    audioluvr wrote: »

You typed that response, as quoted, just to make my and @Viking64's brains explode, didn't you?

:#;)

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    :D where's that lighten up Francis emoji?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    I mean, it is almost divisible into halves.

There's that...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    The data showed that the accelerator was at 99%, indicating that Tiger may have panicked and hit that instead of the brake.