Usher jumper bars or wires?

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
I am finally hooking up my MIT's. I have some WW bi-wires on them now so no need for jumpers of any kind. Do yooz think I should use the original jumper bars or make some wire jumpers?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Does MIT offer jumpers that match the cables?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    For now use the factory jumpers or make some out of whatever speaker cable you have laying around.

I've made jumpers from the older MIT T2 bi-wire speaker cable in the past. It's a lot of work, which I don't care to do again. Last I looked MIT is selling pre-made jumpers, but they are not cheap.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Just wondering if there's a sonic advantage. It was a no brainer on Polk Monitor II but the Usher bars are way more substantial and probably better material.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I have to say that yes, there is a sonic benefit to using the same jumpers as ones speaker cables.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited February 2021
    Bi wiring smywiring, jumper spumpers

IMO, no bar is good as wire, would you run a solid bar of copper from your amp to speakers?

Just take the terminal cup off, run the top post wiring to the bottom post and leave the jumpers off 😁
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • afterburnt
    VR3 wrote: »

IMO, no bar is good as wire, would you run a solid bar of copper from your amp to speakers?

Just take the terminal cup off, run the top post wiring to the bottom post and leave the jumpers off 😁

@VR3 I respect your expertise but I don't understand you.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Remove the terminal cup, take the wires going to the top post, disconnect them. Connect them to the bottom post.

No jumpers needed anymore
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • afterburnt
    VR3 wrote: »

Sounds like something I would do because I am sofa king!