Usher jumper bars or wires?

afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,977
I am finally hooking up my MIT's. I have some WW bi-wires on them now so no need for jumpers of any kind. Do yooz think I should use the original jumper bars or make some wire jumpers?
rpf65 wrote: »
I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,444
    Does MIT offer jumpers that match the cables?
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 45,576
    For now use the factory jumpers or make some out of whatever speaker cable you have laying around.

I've made jumpers from the older MIT T2 bi-wire speaker cable in the past. It's a lot of work, which I don't care to do again. Last I looked MIT is selling pre-made jumpers, but they are not cheap.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,977
    Just wondering if there's a sonic advantage. It was a no brainer on Polk Monitor II but the Usher bars are way more substantial and probably better material.
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 45,576
    I have to say that yes, there is a sonic benefit to using the same jumpers as ones speaker cables.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3VR3 Posts: 24,197
    edited February 18
    Bi wiring smywiring, jumper spumpers

IMO, no bar is good as wire, would you run a solid bar of copper from your amp to speakers?

Just take the terminal cup off, run the top post wiring to the bottom post and leave the jumpers off 😁
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    VR3 wrote: »

IMO, no bar is good as wire, would you run a solid bar of copper from your amp to speakers?

Just take the terminal cup off, run the top post wiring to the bottom post and leave the jumpers off 😁

@VR3 I respect your expertise but I don't understand you.

• VR3VR3 Posts: 24,197
    Remove the terminal cup, take the wires going to the top post, disconnect them. Connect them to the bottom post.

No jumpers needed anymore
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    VR3 wrote: »

Sounds like something I would do because I am sofa king!