Tweeters

I’m trying to remove my tweeters from my monitor 10a speaker, but the wires are soldered to the tweeter how would I remove it?

Best Answer

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    I didn't risk it with mine. I cut the wire to a 1" length and crimped and backflow soldered on some 7/64" (0.109") male fastons. Actually, I made them myself from 4N copper and copper crimp sleeves.

If you attempt de-soldering, you'd better have some good clip on aluminum heatsink clamps on the terminals and work quickly.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Desolder the connection.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Will the heat damage the tweeter? That may be a problem, I have not experience with soldering...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    If you don't know what doing, don't do it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Amazing idea gardenstater, Smart outside the box :) that’s what I’ll do