Tweeters

I’m trying to remove my tweeters from my monitor 10a speaker, but the wires are soldered to the tweeter how would I remove it?

Best Answer

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 1,883
    edited February 5 Accepted Answer
    I didn't risk it with mine. I cut the wire to a 1" length and crimped and backflow soldered on some 7/64" (0.109") male fastons. Actually, I made them myself from 4N copper and copper crimp sleeves.

If you attempt de-soldering, you'd better have some good clip on aluminum heatsink clamps on the terminals and work quickly.

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,745
    Desolder the connection.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Will the heat damage the tweeter? That may be a problem, I have not experience with soldering...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,745
    If you don't know what doing, don't do it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Amazing idea gardenstater, Smart outside the box :) that’s what I’ll do