Can't connect Polk Magnifi Max SR to Wi-Fi

Options
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with connecting my Polk Magnify Max SR soundbar to my Wi-Fi, which is provided by my Asus Rt Ac66u router.
I connected my soundbar via Google Home to my smartphone and also heard the test sound. But I haven't managed to get connection to Wi-Fi. It always fails to connect. My router uses a Mac address filter, so I added the soundbar's Mac address to the list and entered the password through Google Home. However, the soundbar fails to establisha connection.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Maybe try turning off MAC address filtering temporarily and see if you can add it.
  • Miked86
    Miked86 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply. It shouldn't be the filter, but I will give your suggestion a shot. 👍

When I try to connect my soundbar there is a message popping up in Google Home, saying that the Polk device wasn't built for my country (I bought it here in Germany at a local store btw).
    After I enter the Wi-Fi password in Google Home and hit connect, it takes a few moments, then there is a message saying that the connection couldn't be established, I should check the password. I tried several times, in the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz channel, but couldn't get it to work
  • davemac
    davemac Posts: 1
    Options
    Having the same issue, getting the same message about my country (I am in Australia) and then Google Home cannot find the device at all. Did anyone work out a way to resolve this? I have checked my network settings and MAC address filtering is turned off.
  • Crewie
    Crewie Posts: 1
    Options
    Having problem also connecting my Polk Magnifi max to my WiFi. Using Google Home. Received message that my Polk was not built for my Country (Australia) After entering Password after a few moments I receive a message that the connection could not be established.
  • Renate2021
    Options
    Guten Tag

Habe seit gestern die Polk MagniFi MAX SR und bin soweit begeistert. Nur leider kann ich sie nicht mit dem WLAN verbinden. Meldung ist immer. Es könnte Probleme geben weil sie für ein anders Land gebaut sei. Router checken. Hab sie über LAN angeschlossen. Aber da bekomme ich sie zwar ins Netzwerk aber nicht ins Google Home. Was kann ich machen?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Translation:
    "Good day,
    I have had the Polk MagniFi MAX SR since yesterday and I am thrilled so far. Unfortunately, I can't connect it to the WiFi. Message is always. There could be problems because it was built for a different country. Check router. I connected it via LAN. But then I can get it into the network but not into the Google Home. What can I do?"

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hallo,
    Willkommen bei Club Polk. Ich werde Ihre Frage jemandem bei Polk zur Beantwortung geben.

Hello,
    Welcome to Club Polk. I will ask someone at Polk about your question.
  • Renate2021
    Options
    Das wäre super. Vielen Dank schonmal. Ich Benutze eine Fritzbox 7490. Hab schon alles probiert. Hab 5 GHz aus und An. Mac Adressen sind alle frei. Klappt alles nicht und der Support meldet sich leider auch nicht.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Becomes:

That would be great. Thanks in advance. I use a Fritzbox 7490th Have already tried everything. Have 5 GHz off and on. Mac addresses are all free. If everything doesn't work out and unfortunately the support doesn't answer either.
  • Renate2021
    Options
    Weißt denn keiner Rat. Der Hersteller selber meldet sich auch nicht :'(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Becomes:

Nobody knows what to do. The manufacturer himself does not answer either
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Ein Polk-Ingenieur erinnert sich an ein ähnliches Problem mit Einheiten, die in Deutschland betrieben werden, kann sich aber nicht an die Lösung erinnern. Er schickte das Problem an andere Ingenieure, um zu sehen, ob sie sich erinnern. Ich werde ihn wieder kontaktieren.
  • KurleeEdna
    Options
    One of the rear speakers keeps blinking (never goes solid green anymore), and the surround speaker volume buttons on the remote don't work. I got a replacement bar some time ago and now a new remote but no matter what I try, it's still one frustrating issue after another ever since I got this system. I'm very unhappy. ☹
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'll relay this issue with a friend at Polk, he probably won't be able to contact you until the early part of next week.
  • bigmanqz
    Options
    I just got the Magnifi Max SR and can't connect it my Google home. It offers me to connect to the speaker but doesn't actually do this. Is there a solution? It seems that Polk doesn't do anything regarding this issue.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'll forward this to a friend at Polk.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    The recommendation is to reset both your router and the soundbar, here is a link that should help.

https://support-uk.polkaudio.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6453/~/issues-with-google-home