SDA 2b vs SRS 2(p/b)

Hello I currently have a pair of 2bs that have been upgraded.(dynamat, new crossover, tl mod, rdo 198 ect, ect) I really love them.

I have found a pair of srs 2 pin blade version for a excellent price. But it would be about a 8 hr round trip and I know I would want to sink money into them for the upgrades.

My question is, after the upgrades would the srs 2 be that big of a difference?

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    Are the SRS 2's less than a hundred bucks?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Many would say the SDA 2b'tl is a better speaker. From what I understand the p/b sda srs 2 is not tl'able(if that's a word) :) ..

I think the srs2 has a wider sound stage and I've liked the pair I heard..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    The SDA SRS 2 high frequency circuit is similar to the 1C, a complicated mess and not "tl'able".
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• la2vegas wrote: »
    Are the SRS 2's less than a hundred bucks?

100 bucks even. Same as what I paid for the 2bs actually.

Thanks Im leaning towards not then. Unless its a significant improvement I think ill pass. I'm perfectly happy with my 2bs. Now if a good deal on a 1.2tl or something came around that might be different.

Also this slightly worries me from the ad.

"Vintage Polk audio SDA speakers one tweeter from each speaker do not work I do not have the Inter Connect cable."

Granted I would be changing the tweeters out anyways. But still....