PSW505 Powers up Plays sound for a second then powers off

Recently my PSW505 does not want to stay on.
If I unplug it or turn it off for a few minutes power it on the light changes from red to green, plays sound for about a second then powers off.
Any Ideas?

Comments

• Is it switched to “auto on” ? If so you may need to increase the level of the source signal. If you’re using an AVR it’s pretty common for the auto-eq to set the level too low, especially if the volume knob on the sub amp is too high. If this is the case then turn down the volume knob on the sub probably no more than half then rerun the auto-eq calibration. Otherwise raise the input source level manually.

If it’s switched to “On” and not “auto” and it’s shutting off after a few minutes then it’s broke.

Unfortunately the 505 amp typically only lasts a couple years, so unless it’s fairly new it likely has failed.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • ya I tried on and auto, I guess Ill order another sub and try and repair this one.
  • Sounds like the same problem I am having with my PSW505. If my amp is shot as you imply in the response above, is it cheaper to replace the amp or buy a new subwoofer?
  • Probably cheaper to replace the amp.

Probably better to buy a new subwoofer.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant