Favorite Christmas Song/Artist

2»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,992
    No love for this classic?

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,229
    edited December 2020
    Anything Dean Martin. My granny loved him and I must confess as I get older I really appreciate these old guys who are no longer here. What a great time it was back then.

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 2,993
    Too many to choose, but this one hasn't been mentioned yet:

Also really like this one:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,724
    edited December 2020
    Here's Frank threading up a Christmas music tape on his Presto deck.

8bvnjsijfczw.png
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 24,378
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 4,439
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    If you could only hear one Christmas song this year, what would it and who would be the artist? ...
    Note: This is a different "ask" than the thread title ("Favorite Christmas Song/Artist")

Only one?

A really, really hard choice -- but, if really only one.

sorry.

I guess I just assumed everyone would want to listen to their favorite rendition of their favorite song. Guess I was mistaken.

Lots of good songs here regardless.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,151
    Here's Frank threading up a Christmas music tape on his Presto deck.

8bvnjsijfczw.png

And, studio ready to play back the three-track tapes. :)
    Gotta love the Fisher tuner and Mac preamp in that built-in system, too.
    There are myriad great photos of Frank and his hifi(s) at home(s).

• I wonder what those three chassis are underneath the Fisher tuner, amplifiers probably. The speakers look custom made.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,992
    Nancy Sinatra auctioned off some of her dad’s stuff recently, and I believe some of that gear was among the items sold...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,270
    I wonder what those three chassis are underneath the Fisher tuner, amplifiers probably. The speakers look custom made.

I would speculate the large drawer with the center pull knob, above those three chassis, there might be a turntable?
  • mhardy6647
    I wonder what those three chassis are underneath the Fisher tuner, amplifiers probably. The speakers look custom made.

Yeah, me, too.
    I thought some kind of signal processing, but... I dunno. :)
  • First of all, sorry to derail the original theme of this thread. Sometimes one subject inspires a branching interest. It seems the three units under the tuner are power supplies for the three Presto tape electronics. Placing as far away from the other components was a good idea and there seems to be ventilation openings below.
  • mhardy6647
    First of all, sorry to derail the original theme of this thread. Sometimes one subject inspires a branching interest. It seems the three units under the tuner are power supplies for the three Presto tape electronics. Placing as far away from the other components was a good idea and there seems to be ventilation openings below.

I see your posts as a friendly amendment, @KennethSwauger (not that I am the OP).
    Maybe Ava or whichever wife was present at the time got them for Ol' Blue Eyes for Christmas; who knows? ;)
    And, although none of his are my favorite-est of all, Frank did some marvelous treatments of both sacred & secular Christmas songs on (at least) Christmas Dreaming and A Jolly Christmas [from...].

l9otehgdirsp.png
    p9xfyydd6le2.png

• I think my favorite Christmas album is:

2wufxc1o14n1.png