You Know your getting old when

Options
2»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    Options
    Thanks man. I'll know after my follow up appointment on what's next. Doesn't sound to bad and hopefully mine is mild. I'm trying to do everything on my end to make sure I don't injure in anymore.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,833
    edited December 2020
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    The worst part of a torn meniscus is the therapy after surgery.
    Sounds like you had one?

Yep, right knee. I had to be driven to the torture chamber as I was prohibited from driving for 6 weeks. Originally, I was not in the pain you seem to be in though. Mine was what I'd call a dull ache.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    Options
    So now I have to wait until next Thursday Dec 31st to check a follow up to see what the next steps are in fixing my knee. I find this to be a the worse service I have ever seen. They did absolutely nothing for me and I have been doing my best to do what they instruct me to do.

:o Wow :s

So they want you to suffer and be practically immobile for a couple of weeks longer ?

Did the Doc prescribe an anti depressant to help you with the pain instead of a pain killer? That's what they seem to do now. :s

When I broke my heal bone, I think I was in surgery a couple of days later. And that was because I had to get a blood test before they'd operate.

That was just before this opioid BS. I believe the medical society has bought stock in the alcohol and marijuana businesses. They don't want to prescribe pain relievers anymore...so to the alternatives we go.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mantis
    Options
    The worst part of a torn meniscus is the therapy after surgery.
    Sounds like you had one?

Yep, right knee. I had to be driven to the torture chamber as I was prohibited from driving for 6 weeks. Originally, I was not in the pain you seem to be in though. Mine was what I'd call a dull ache.
    That's where mine is at now.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    So now I have to wait until next Thursday Dec 31st to check a follow up to see what the next steps are in fixing my knee. I find this to be a the worse service I have ever seen. They did absolutely nothing for me and I have been doing my best to do what they instruct me to do.

:o Wow :s

So they want you to suffer and be practically immobile for a couple of weeks longer ?

Did the Doc prescribe an anti depressant to help you with the pain instead of a pain killer? That's what they seem to do now. :s

When I broke my heal bone, I think I was in surgery a couple of days later. And that was because I had to get a blood test before they'd operate.

That was just before this opioid BS. I believe the medical society has bought stock in the alcohol and marijuana businesses. They don't want to prescribe pain relievers anymore...so to the alternatives we go.
    Absolutely nothing was done at all. Just the X ray , Knee inspection, then MRI and now a follow up after the MRI. No pain med's no knee brace , not even a Chair lift out of the office. I limped in with my Crutches and limped out.
    So I called back to scheduling and told them I was un happy waiting till next week and nothing has been done to my knee in a week. I was not going back for a follow visit after treatment, I was going in for a follow up after a MRI to see what the treatment will be. I also explained that my Doctor wanted to see me ASAP after the MRI.
    Somehow they magically found me a Appointment for today at 11:40am. If I get asked to fill out one of those survey's , I'm trashing the Scheduling department.
    Dan
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    Prayers sent from our family....did the knee thing a decade or so ago and it was a tough haul for months.....just got home yesterday from a total hip replacement so starts another long haul for months.....yes Sir getting old sucks and it seems all the things we did to stay in shape when young also take their toll.....Enjoy the Holidays....
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2020
    Options
    25+ years of sports medicine experience........These things are never easy; even with an mri and getting the results, there is very little to do to get you more comfortable in the short term if it is a meniscus or ligament injury. The orthos are hesitant to give out pain meds.....getting in to a good physical therapist is job number 1. Once the swelling subsides and you restore some function and range of motion, that’s when you’ll start feeling better. All the best to you and I hope that you turn the corner soon. With the holidays and covid, it’s not an ideal time to be running to and from appointments.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • mantis
    Options
    Well guys It wasn't as bad as I feared. It's not good but good enough.
    1- I dislocated my knee joint and then snapped it back in place. After reviewing the X rays and the MRI disc , she put together what she thinks happened to me. I twisted my knee and Dislocated it, then when I hit the ground I knocked it back into place. There is a lot of bruising on the bone and surround top of the knee and it looks like an impact snapped my knew back together. She said I bet that was super painful. I told her is took awhile for me to get over being coco for Coco Puffs. It was like 5 minutes I rolled around on the grass in the rain in severe pain. Then I crawled into my Shed to try and get warm and calm down from the intense pain I felt.

Anyway I also have a slightly torn meniscus but it's light and has some Arthritis surround it. She thinks it will heal over time. I have to wear this large Knee brace that covers most of m leg. It's super supportive and I can get around ok with it on. I feel stronger with it on as it doesn't allow my knee to move from side to side but can bend back and forth. It has metal bars down the side and a J like shape thing that goes around the outside of my knee.

6 weeks of theory and I should be back up and running. It's already starting to feel better and I'm glad I don't have to have surgery. I was prepared for the worse and came out with the least amount of worry. I'll be resting it and doing my therapy appointment 2-3 times a week and hopefully I can get back to work in no time.
    Dan
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,833
    Options
    6 weeks of theory and I should be back up and running.

I don't know if 6 weeks of "theory" will be enough for you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,915
    Options
    Great news!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Fantastic. ;)

Looks like you dodged a major injury. I know your injury WAS serious and painful, but your body will heal itself if all goes well. That's cool that the new brace works wonders.

No surgery....great news.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Knees and backs take their tolls. I’m sorry to hear about your accident. Happy Holidays Mantis
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mantis
    Options
    Thanks everyone, have a Happy holiday and let's all hope for a bright and shiny new year.
    Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,118
    Options
    Thanks everyone, have a Happy holiday and let's all hope for a bright and shiny new year.

As long as 2020 doesn't go out with a bang, we should be ok...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Best case scenario all things considered. Make sure you wear the brace - over time repeated subluxations or dislocations of the patella can require surgery. The brace is constructed to keep the patella from tracking out of the joint with the J buttress.......while it is swollen, it is more prone to happen again so be especially careful getting in and out of the car, shower, etc and especially on slippery surfaces. I would wear a compression sleeve under it too - will help eliminate the swelling faster. I am glad you dodged a bullet and are already feeling a little better. All the best
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,654
    Options
    StanHansen wrote: »
    When I'm trying to listen all this music "charts".

Huh?