'old member', first post

Define 'old' and 'member' however you like... I am not afraid.

This might(if it works) be my first post on this site, I'm a Polk'ster since '92 when
I purchased(much to the dismay of my wife at the time-funny how a guy remembers such things...) my RTA 11TL's, which David(#Westmassguy) has just completed a crossover re-build(!) on. They were my daily drivers(nyuck..nyuck) from '92 until 2015 when we( the latest wife-meet the new boss, not quite the same as the old boss!) moved into our current home and took advantage of a Polk F/F sale(late 2014) and went with 'newer stuff' for the new living room.
But I soon missed the 2-channel sound of the 11TL's until this Spring it became a mission to see what they had left in them. Hopefully, I'll know in a couple more weeks.

I also seem to remember another Polk 'forum', back around '95-96 but I can't honestly recall if it was Polk-based, or just a Polk section of a general hi-fi forum.

Thanks much to everyone here, and no longer here, for the reading material
of the last several years and beyond. I hope to contribute every now and again.

As you were...

-glenn

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,244
    Welcome. Those were some mighty fine looking crossovers Dave did for you! I have a pair of the RTA 11T's I refreshed at my GF's house. They are a great sounding speaker.
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,636
    Nice introduction, welcome to Club Polk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,730
    gramey wrote: »
    Define 'old' and 'member' however you like... I am not afraid.

This might(if it works) be my first post on this site, I'm a Polk'ster since '92 when
    I purchased(much to the dismay of my wife at the time-funny how a guy remembers such things...) my RTA 11TL's, which David(#Westmassguy) has just completed a crossover re-build(!) on. They were my daily drivers(nyuck..nyuck) from '92 until 2015 when we( the latest wife-meet the new boss, not quite the same as the old boss!) moved into our current home and took advantage of a Polk F/F sale(late 2014) and went with 'newer stuff' for the new living room.
    But I soon missed the 2-channel sound of the 11TL's until this Spring it became a mission to see what they had left in them. Hopefully, I'll know in a couple more weeks.

I also seem to remember another Polk 'forum', back around '95-96 but I can't honestly recall if it was Polk-based, or just a Polk section of a general hi-fi forum.

Thanks much to everyone here, and no longer here, for the reading material
    of the last several years and beyond. I hope to contribute every now and again.

As you were...

-glenn

I think you'll be pleased with the new Sonicaps Glenn.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,636
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    bobmu29e58mk.png

Look at you getting all fancy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,249
    F1nut wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    bobmu29e58mk.png

Look at you getting all fancy.

@Hermitism did all that nice work -- might as well give it some airplay, y'know?