Innuos Streamers

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    invalid wrote: »
    What happened with room non certified devices, do they all still work with room?

@invalid,

I can't say. I believe my PS Audio DACs are Roon certified.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2020
    invalid wrote: »
    What happened with room non certified devices, do they all still work with room?

@invalid,

I can't say. I believe my PS Audio DACs are Roon certified.

Correct on PSA. Not positive, haven't searched, but my understanding is a device must be "Roon Ready" to be recognized and show as a source within Roon.

edit to add...I have an Oppo BDP-105 and it is not compatible. It's in a home theater, not critical for 2 channel listening, so I purchased a Google Chromcast device that is and I stream music via HDMI in.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    @Mike Reeter Tell me how you like the Zen. I am considering getting the Zen.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2020
    erniejade wrote: »
    @Mike Reeter Tell me how you like the Zen. I am considering getting the Zen.

I will report back, but probably not until after Christmas. I told my wife that it would go under the tree and not be opened until then :# Now, thats not to say that it won't be hooked up and run in a bit, when she's not around ;)

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Congrats Mike. Looking forward to unboxing photos.
  • Moose68Bash
    Happy Black Friday to me ;) Zen MK3

15netzi3vbct.jpg

Well done, Mike!

I hope it works well for you.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• erniejade
    Maybe make a deal with her to set it up and let it burn in without you listen to it until Christmas?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Mike Reeter
    Maybe make a deal with her to set it up and let it burn in without you listen to it until Christmas?

The MK3 was purchased as a Xmas Gift, my wife requested that I wrap the Zen and put it under the Tree, and open it at that time.

I'll respect her wishes to the best of my ability, but it's not been wrapped yet ;)

• Moose68Bash
    edited November 2020

The MK3 was purchased as a Xmas Gift, my wife requested that I wrap the Zen and put it under the Tree, and open it at that time.

I'll respect her wishes to the best of my ability, but it's not been wrapped yet ;)

Sometimes the greatest pleasure lies in the anticipation of the event!

• Clipdat
    Life is short, hook it up today.
  • Mike Reeter
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Life is short, hook it up today.

Patience Grass Hopper, I've waited for years to venture into the Digital/Streamer World, a few more weeks is but a split second ;)

• Clipdat
    What internal storage option did you get?
  • Mike Reeter
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What internal storage option did you get?

1TB, plenty for my collection

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited November 2020
    Mike, happy for you; great present for Christmas!!

May I ask the name of dealer you used?

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Happy Black Friday to me ;) Zen MK3

15netzi3vbct.jpg

Congratulations!
    Never heard one of these but they sure look well built !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Mike Reeter
    Happy Black Friday to me ;) Zen MK3

15netzi3vbct.jpg

Congratulations!
    Never heard one of these but they sure look well built !

I was a little shocked when I picked up the carton :o If weight means anything, the MK3 has a very solid build.

• erniejade
    https://darko.audio/2019/02/a-short-film-about-the-innuos-zen-mk3/
    This is one of the reviews that got me interested in the unit.

• Mike Reeter
    https://darko.audio/2019/02/a-short-film-about-the-innuos-zen-mk3/
    This is one of the reviews that got me interested in the unit.

Ripping CD's is a mind numbing exercise for me, I wanted something that would Rip and Store CD's, access files and Stream as well. The Zen will be coupled to a Lampi Amber 3 DAC.

I was originally looking at the Zen Mini, plus the External Power Supply. But, after much reading and conversation with the dealer (Tweek Geek) for just a little more outlay the Zen MK3 was the better option for me, at least I'll always think so :D

• erniejade
    Agreed. I was first looking at the mini but for just a hair more, you get a better power supply and some upgrades.

I wanted to go with a 2 tb Zenith since it uses SS drives but the extra 1k price difference, i do not have.

The Lampi will be a good match I think.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike, happy for you; great present for Christmas!!

May I ask the name of dealer you used?

Being as I live live in the middle of Audio Wasteland, I ordered from Tweek Geek, Mike is a super nice and informative fellow to talk to, very helpful and NO pressure.

https://www.tweekgeek.com
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    I heard our friend @DSkip is going to become a dealer.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Mike Reeter
    tratliff wrote: »

I was considering a Lumin and had Skip in mind to call, but I changed gears. This tells me that the Innuos Line must be good for Derek to take them on B)

• erniejade
    tratliff wrote: »

This is correct. He is in the process of becoming an authorized Innous dealer. I am waiting for this to be completed to purchase mine.
  • @Mike Reeter and @erniejade

I appreciate the info regarding dealers.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • erniejade
    The Innuos Zen has been breaking in nicely. So far, this unit sounds awesome. I will write up a review shortly. @Mike Reeter how are you enjoying yours so far? Instead of Ipeng or orange crush, I have been using the built in interface on the Zen
    To get to it, find the ip address of your Innuos and put :9000 on the back of it. Example 192.168.5.54:9000.
  • Mike Reeter
    The Innuos Zen has been breaking in nicely. So far, this unit sounds awesome. I will write up a review shortly. @Mike Reeter how are you enjoying yours so far? Instead of Ipeng or orange crush, I have been using the built in interface on the Zen
    To get to it, find the ip address of your Innuos and put :9000 on the back of it. Example 192.168.5.54:9000.

I'm enjoying the Zen very much and yes, it sounds awesome. I signed up for the Roon 3 month trial for a $1.00 and it makes everything soooo easy, even for a tech challenged ole **** like me ;)

I will try the interface on the Zen, thanks for the tip!

• Clipdat
    Looking forward to hearing your guys' thoughts once they release their own Innuos app.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I'm currently considering a Zen MkIII myself. DAC is Benchmark DAC3/HGC.

My Nativ Vita has lost the ability to install apps :/ I was attempting to install Tidal and/or Qobuz on it, but got errors. Nativsound support (eventually) suggested doing a full system recovery, but it didn't help, and now I can't even re-install my trusty Spotify app. There is about 900GB of local music stored on SSD that I can still access, but I really need the streaming capability. I actually think Nativsound may no longer be a going concern...or at least a viable business with proper support. For now, I'm back to a good ol' Squeezebox Touch.

I had always thought I would eventually go with a Lumin...probably a U1...but they don't last long when they pop-up on the secondary market. The Zen has the added benefit of a CD ripper, but the Lumin does have more digital output options.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon