Heart attack, not good

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Glad you are home, hope you have a speedy recovery!! You got this!!
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Just reading this! Glad you're home & recovering. Best wishes to you on your convalescence.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Wow Just stepped in. Hope all is well Vmax. Hang in there & recover. Prayers sent your way
    Randy/Maine
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Speedy recovery now that you are back at home. Thanks for the update.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Offering up prayers now man.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    edited November 2020
    @vmaxer I'm happy you are back at home for Thanksgiving. Hope you continue to feel a little bit better each day.
  • Hey Max,
    They send you home in a Zoll life vest?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    Prayer? Done. Wishing you a fast and complete recovery.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    vmaxer wrote: »
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Will pray for you, pal. You're in the right place in Nashville. Are you at Vanderbilt, St. Thomas, or Centennial?

I am in St Thomas

The island? For some reason. I thought you were in AZ?

Hope you are feeling better brother!
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Please take care of yourself, and enjoy the Christmas season filled with prayers for you.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    edited December 2020
    No snow shoveling :#
    Real heavy snow in the 216 today.
    I'm taking a break...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Please feel well and recover quickly!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    A little something extra to be thankful for this season o:) Hope you enjoyed the snow up in KY yesterday.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Any updates here Vmaxer. Been thinking of you & wondering how your doing. Hope all is well.

Just staying home and taking it easy for now. I really appreciate the comments, thoughts, and prayers.

My ejection fraction for my heart is at 35% and should be a minimum of 50%. Taking medications for it and about to start walking some. I get very tired due to it. I am basically in heart failure. I hope to improve it as I learn more about it. I have a cardiologist that I have used for several years now, plus another one that specializes in the “heart muscle”.

I had a MRI to check for Cardiac Amyloidosis, don’t have that.

Unfortunately, hardening of the arteries runs in my family. My dad had heart attacks and open heart surgery when he was 43, he died when he was 54.

I hope I can overcome it.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    :) there you are! Hang in there bud. You can do it.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    I forgot to mention that they put 4 stents in my LAD. It was completely blocked.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Hang in there I hope you overcome this pretty sure we are all rooting for you God Bless.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Stay positive, you're in our prayers.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Come on @vmaxer fight it man! Don’t give up! We are all pulling for you and you got lots of like left in you. May God give give you the strength to keep fighting!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Great :) You can do it. Prayers sent our friend
    Randy/Maine
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited December 2020
    vmaxer wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Any updates here Vmaxer. Been thinking of you & wondering how your doing. Hope all is well.

Just staying home and taking it easy for now. I really appreciate the comments, thoughts, and prayers.

My ejection fraction for my heart is at 35% and should be a minimum of 50%. Taking medications for it and about to start walking some. I get very tired due to it. I am basically in heart failure. I hope to improve it as I learn more about it. I have a cardiologist that I have used for several years now, plus another one that specializes in the “heart muscle”.

I had a MRI to check for Cardiac Amyloidosis, don’t have that.

Unfortunately, hardening of the arteries runs in my family. My dad had heart attacks and open heart surgery when he was 43, he died when he was 54.

I hope I can overcome it.

Billy -

I spoke to my cardiologist friend and confirmed.
    Typically EF will go down initially. Sometimes stunning can cause it to go down, which means it should go back up after a few weeks.
    Sometimes the hit is hard that it remains impaired permanently aka muscle wall death not stunning.
    An EF of 35% is definitely low, but I've seen people with 10% too. 65% is normal, 50% is acceptable.

I'm 38, my wife had me get a calcium score via CAT scan a few months ago... I hear ya man, getting old sucks and it gets ALL of us.

Stay well buddy.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Prayers continue. Keep your chin up buddy, and go slow with the walking.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Praying for continued recovery
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Keeping you in our hearts buddy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I agree. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.