Quick-Disconnect Tabs

Hi guys,

Do any of you know where I can find some of these?

89wopqk45s42.jpeg
2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,119
    edited November 2020
    It's a male faston or male spade quick disconnect. They have crimp on and pc board mount varieties. They are not as readily found in retail stores as the female ones but they are out there. You may have better luck on amazon and ebay.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I've tried those two as well as parts express.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • What size exactly, and is that a riveted on tab for a speaker terminal? That might be pretty hard to find and might be something that the speaker mfg's have made specially for themselves.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xsmi
    Yes it is riveted. They are 1/8".
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,663
    xsmi wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Do any of you know where I can find some of these?

89wopqk45s42.jpeg

That's a riveted faston. Have fun, https://www.te.com/global-en/plp/faston/ZnaA.html

Can you not figure out a way to mushroom the rivet head to reinstall it?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    No I just want all new ones.
  • Gardenstater
    edited November 2020
    I found this one at the link F1 put up. You could use a 3/16" pop rivet and use a little solder as well. https://www.te.com/global-en/product-63038-2.html

Edit - scratch the above. It's 1/4" and you need 1/8")?

I don't see anything but .250 at TE connectivity:

https://www.te.com/global-en/plp/faston/ZnaA.html?q=&n=129392 608518&d=636113&type=products&samples=N&inStoreWithoutPL=false&instock=N
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xsmi
    Yeah. That's what I'm finding too.
  • xsmi
    So I think I found some. They are .187. Do you think I need the rivets, or will there not be a contact with the board? These are for my SDA SRS Boards.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/571-616641
  • If you have a way to hold them in place tightly while you solder them, I don't see why you would have to have a rivet. Are they at the edge of the board where you could clamp them with a small C-clamp or alligator clip? You need to not suck all the heat out though. Maybe a wooden clothespin?
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xsmi
    Yes. They’re on the edge. The ones I took of, by accident are circled in Yellow. I want to ad some at the red circles.

zuwj1je77hhg.jpeg
  • OK so the copper is on the bottom side. Well if it was me I'd want to use a rivet. Are you sure you can't re-use the existing ones and use a nice solid Center Punch with a hammer on the hollow side to splay it out and a solid metal anvil on the other? McMaster Carr probably has hollow rivets.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xsmi
    Ok. Probably.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Don't think I'd hit too hard on that board re-mushroom anything.
  • Gardenstater
    edited November 2020
    Yes it would require a delicate touch, and the head of the rivet has to be supported by something solid like an anvil and something has to support the remainder of the PCB. Kind of tricky. You could also use an aluminum pop rivet and punch out the mandrel (or just leave it) and then solder.

They make tools for hollow rivets but they are crazy expensive, like over $50 at McMaster Carr:

https://www.mcmaster.com/hollow-rivets
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xsmi
    Yeah. Ok. My question was for the ones that I want to add that don’t come with rivets. With solder can they make contact with the leads on the board with out a rivet.
  • The rivet would be there to make a strong physical connection without relying upon solder for that. The solder would ensure a good electrical connection that doesn't rely totally upon the contact force between the tab and the copper traces caused by the smashed rivet. I would do both. Would solder alone be strong enough? Maybe. Would the rivet alone be enough for a decent electrical connection? Maybe.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xsmi
    Gotcha. I was wanted to add these because eventually I want to rewire the inside and I thought I'd want to be able to just disconnect everything and not have to use solder. But, Oh well.
  • Sorry, I was talking about the ones you took off by accident. Did you already put them back on? I assumed that the picture was from before you took them off. I don't know about the practicality of putting spades in for the other connections. They might be too close together. It would help if you showed the other side of the board, where the copper traces are.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • xsmi
    I haven’t yet. Getting ready for the holidays so everything is put away. I’ll put them back on over the weekend.