BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    You must really love cars. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »
    .....and if I had the extra time I would absolutely do it.

Well stop spending hours a week cleaning your car :)

To each its own I guess. I just don't know how can you spend so much time on that. And black car? They are dust magnets.

I've been around the rainbow with colors with Dodge and I just couldn't lock in a color. When I locked in Frostbite which is a nice soft light to medium Blue, I couldn't order a 2020 anymore and the 2021'a where no where in site. So I had to wait for my Dealer to put in a massive Scat pack Order both Chargers and Challengers and see if something came in I liked.
    There was 2 others I really liked That where Indigo Blue Challenger Shaker and a Smoke Show exactly the same as my Charger options and all. But the Black called to me and I locked in. I'm a clean freak and I keep my vehicles fully protected so I'm not worried out dust or anything else. The Black is a platform for me to customize it which I plan on accenting with some Blue under the hood , maybe some carbon Fiber in the interior and Some Blue on the exterior.
    Smoke Show and Mine before I purchased it right off the truck.
    yzbi92sxitdj.jpeg
    sqnv2vkevgks.jpeg
    indigo Blue Challenger Shaker, this car almost came home with me but I hate the hood pins.
    nssbbi5kvub0.jpg

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    You must really love cars. :)
    With a Passion, if you think I'm passionate about this hobby? I'm more passionate about cars. Cleaning them, Racing, Driving , Car Shows and dreaming about them.
    My son and I watch countless youtube videos on different cars to learn about them.
    Dan
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    You love them so much but you didn't post in my thread where I showed off my new wheels :( lol
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Sharp looking car Mantis! I have 2 black cars and love washing them. Car care products have come a long way the past 10 years or so. I just got my Adam's order a couple of days ago. Cleaning and maintaining our cars is no different than any other hobby. I'm still a die hard for Adam's H20 and Ceramic Boost. I'm gonna use up my spray C coating and then try the Graphene coating. Adam's comes out with so many new products I can't keep up with them.
  • mantis
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    You love them so much but you didn't post in my thread where I showed off my new wheels :( lol
    I must have missed that.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    I'm getting the entire Graphene Kit with Light. I plan on spending some time getting the paint perfected then coated.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    No under the hood pics?...Lame... Nice car though!
    Here you go, Powered by SRT
    jcjkwpz7xx76.jpeg
    non8cjyywojo.jpeg
    gzaare6819qk.jpeg

Dan
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Dan,
    Somewhat off topic but any tips to making minor paint repairs to scratches and chips? I have the matched color and clearcoat but wondering about prep. Also, the instructions mentioned lightly sanding the area prior to repair?!? I dont get it for a minor scratch and a couple of chips on the leading edge of the hood.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited October 2020
    Options
    gzaare6819qk.jpeg
    BAD A_S! plain and simple! Nice car!
    I hate that I've never owned one. I wanted the SRT Magnum for my 40th birthday when it first came out but that never happened. Then all of the cool Chargers over the years.
    Heck, I still have my '02 300M Special that my Son now drive to school and work. 2-5 miles each way. Its barely hanging in there, has 233K miles. The engine was replaced at 105K with one that had 36K miles.
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Dan,
    Somewhat off topic but any tips to making minor paint repairs to scratches and chips? I have the matched color and clearcoat but wondering about prep. Also, the instructions mentioned lightly sanding the area prior to repair?!? I dont get it for a minor scratch and a couple of chips on the leading edge of the hood.

Yes, what he^ said. I've had my '17 300S (about 22K miles when I got it) for a year. About a month ago my Son did not pull it in the garage far enough and lowered the door down on the trunk lid. The car is pretty long and the hood and trunk so tall, its hard to see. I've had to get out some days to see if I was all the way in. I've since hung a ball on a string, but may try one of the laser guides some day.

Anyway, I've been attending YouTube university trying to gain ideas on repairing them. I've found a very cool touch up pin/brush and I'm about to repair it before it gets too cold. I don't have a buffer and think I'll just use a buffer pad on my hook & loop orbital sander. I found this video pretty helpful: https://youtu.be/2F-I0OmFh-k

Any tips?
    pceza9cd3ifn.jpg

It's an AWD V6 w/ 19" wheels. I was a bit unsure of going with a RWD V8 w/20" wheels given the Mrs. and Son drive it from time to time. Besides, I'm older and the 300 HP V6 is fast enough. I have to watch it at times, LOL!
    1afndp7kwbyj.jpg
    Post edited by WLDock on
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Thanks for the pics! They sure do pack them in there nowadays. Funny to see the cap for the coolant reservoir looks exactly they did eons ago.

My son bought a 300 S (or something like that) last year, used as I think it was the last year they made it with the V-8. It's jet black and has all the toys. He says it's pretty fast. Now he sees why his "old man" (meaning me) always liked the way V-8's sounded and ran...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • mantis
    Options
    Dan,
    Yes chips and deep scratches can be touched up. What you do is first touch up the chip or scratch. Allow to dry. Then with 2000 grit sandpaper you light scuff up the area. Clean with a tack rag and then touch up again. Repeat as necessary.
    What your doing is building up layers of paint to match the height of the factory paint. Once you get it level then you can compound polish and protect the area after the paint is fully dry. This can be a multi day project IF you want to do it right. you can simply get touch up paint and touch up your area the best you can and how it looks is how it looks. Professionals do that steps I listed above.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Thanks for the pics! They sure do pack them in there nowadays. Funny to see the cap for the coolant reservoir looks exactly they did eons ago.

My son bought a 300 S (or something like that) last year, used as I think it was the last year they made it with the V-8. It's jet black and has all the toys. He says it's pretty fast. Now he sees why his "old man" (meaning me) always liked the way V-8's sounded and ran...
    It's a 292 HEMI engine with 485 HP and 475 torque. It's a monster man. It can spin the tires at will.
    Dan
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Thanks Dan. I want to get this done as my GLI has 116k miles and it has been bugging the sh**t out of me!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    gzaare6819qk.jpeg
    I hate that I've never owned one. I wanted the SRT Magnum for my 40th birthday when it first came out but that never happened. Then all of the cool Chargers over the years.
    Heck, I still have my '02 300M Special that my Son now drive to school and work. 2-5 miles each way. Its barely hanging in there, has 233K miles. The engine was replaced at 105K with one that had 36K miles.
    Dan,

Yes, what he^ said. I've had my '17 300S (about 22K miles when I got it) for a year. About a month ago my Son did not pull it in the garage far enough and lowered the door down on the trunk lid. The car is pretty long and the hood and trunk so tall, its hard to see. I've had to get out some days to see if I was all the way in. I've since hung a ball on a string, but may try one of the laser guides some day.

Anyway, I've been attending YouTube university trying to gain ideas on repairing them. I've found a very cool touch up pin/brush and I'm about to repair it before it gets too cold. I don't have a buffer and think I'll just use a buffer pad on my hook & loop orbital sander. I found this video pretty helpful: https://youtu.be/2F-I0OmFh-k

Any tips?
    pceza9cd3ifn.jpg

It's an AWD V6 w/ 19" wheels. I was a bit unsure of going with a RWD V8 w/20" wheels given the Mrs. and Son drive it from time to time. Besides, I'm older and the 300 HP V6 is fast enough. I have to watch it at times, LOL!
    1afndp7kwbyj.jpg

I have used a product called Dr. Color Chip for things like this and had great success with it. It is an all in one kit that walks you through the process and is pretty easy to use - takes some time and practice to do it right. Maybe check it out and see what you think.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • smglbrth
    Options

It's a 292 HEMI engine with 485 HP and 475 torque. It's a monster man. It can spin the tires at will.

He states he can be doing 65 mph, floor it and she'll spin the tires and start going sideways. He's never had a rear wheel drive car before so I warned him this coming winter he'll have to be danged careful. He bought it last winter while living in El Paso.
    My first time seeing the thing, other than photos, will be Christmas time...
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    Looks good! What's your go to products for the paint?
    I use Griots Garage Polish which is bodyshop quality with no silicon or waxes in it.
    I also use Griots Garage 3-1 Ceramic Spray coating. As a topper I use Adam's Polishes CS3. CS3 is an amazing product. You can use it as a waterless wash, a Drying agent and a Topper on a coating.
    https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-spray-coating/products/adams-cs3?variant=32380515942497
    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/complete+polish.do
    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/ceramic+3in1+wax.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn I use to be a Paint sealant wax kinda guy but once I started messing around with Ceramics, I'm completely hooked.

The Scat Pack is going to get a Full ceramic Treatment

Just finished some Adam's bling on mine. Post pics. when ya get yours done.ged0z4z54qqz.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Fixed it.
    It's a 392 HEMI engine with 485 HP and 475 torque. It's a monster man. It can spin the tires at will.

I had a first gen 392 hemi in a 34' Willys Coupe a couple of lifetimes ago
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Sweet looking ride!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 214
    Options
    I recently bought the HPTuners MPVI 2 programmer/scanner and I'm trying to figure it out. Just using it as a scanner for now, I do not have a car worthy of tuning, but I may use my Cadillac Seville as a guinea pig. This thing is pretty fun to play around with though. You may be able to wring even more horsepower/torque out of that thing. Nice car by the way.

Here's a link...
    https://hptuners.com/mpvi2/
  • mantis
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    gzaare6819qk.jpeg
    Dan,

Any tips?
    pceza9cd3ifn.jpg

1afndp7kwbyj.jpg

I have used a product called Dr. Color Chip for things like this and had great success with it. It is an all in one kit that walks you through the process and is pretty easy to use - takes some time and practice to do it right. Maybe check it out and see what you think.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

If it works as intended I like it. Worth checking out.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    ymtcvzaydviy.jpeg
    a29aj28ejvz4.jpeg
    eo6dkzqpy987.jpeg
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    gkpky6u192zx.jpeg
    1ijthz1xma7b.jpeg
    Picked up a few new Storage on wall boxes from Lowes. Craftsman has an entire Garage system. I want to repaint the walls, clean the floor and put a Tile Red and black checkers on the floor, Paint the Concrete small side wall like a medium Gray color. My Garage needs some love.
    Dan
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Wow look at that deep shine, amazing! Great job. I envy your detailing station and work area.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Gosh what a pigsty....

:p
  • smglbrth
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Gosh what a pigsty....

Funny! I was just thinking how nice and organized it was, compared to mine...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Gosh what a pigsty....

Oh it is, I was giving Dan gruff. The on wall cabinets look very nice I may look into some.
    Funny thing is the sparseness inside. I know so many people that their garage look like a dump trock toppled over in side, can't even walk into it at all.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Gosh what a pigsty....

Looks much better than mine, it’s somewhat of a mess.

oti87sqkbac6.jpeg

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Glad you didn't see in my garage, Ivan. 3 motorcycles, 2 in various states of reassembly...the Jeep, my woodworking tools, the remainder of the basement materials, etc. But normally, I am an organizational freak so it has been driving me bonkers.

On topic, I was peaking around at the local FCA dealers and am surprised to see how inexpensive the Chargers/Challengers are when compared to their GM and FoMoCo pony car brethren.
    Under $41k for Smoke Show:
    https://www.stewhansens.com/inventory/new-2020-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-rwd-coupe-2c3cdzfj1lh239907

And 3 others at the same dealer for $43510.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Surprised to see Fiat cheaper than GM Or Ford?

It’s Fiat...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!